BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Aj
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Aj
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By christine Hughes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #291) on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 8:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

All I have to say air jamaica was won me over as the airline to take to bonaire.
It started from the time we checked in till the time we landed safely back in miami.
When we checked in they welcomed us to aj and said because of empty seats in first class we could upgrade for 89.00 a piece for the whole trip. I was tempted but the cheap banker in me said is it really worth and said thank you but no thank you.
Our flight left on time when we got to montigo bay our flight thier left on time and we landed in bonaire at exatcly 2:30 the time we were so happy.
Then we got through customs in bonaire and as we were waiting on the baggage we were holding our breath if all luggage would be there not only was it all there nothing was stolen out of our suitcases like it was when we flew with dca.
On the way home had a smooth uneventful trip got to miami and all our baggage was thier also.
Another pretty amazing thing about aj is that they actually serve you food on the flights. ON the way over they served breakfast and lunch. On the way back they served lunch and dinner.
I got to taste ting soda and it was wonderful.
So if aj flys in your area I would fly with them. Also another travel tip if you are in fl it is worth driving down to miami and staying at a hotel we stayed at wyndham for 79.00 and parked our van in thier parking lot and they shuttle us to the airport on the way there and picked us up on the way home. It saved us over 250.00 per person to do it that way.
Also aj planes have a later flight from bonaire and we did not have to leave till 3:10 and arrived in miami at 8:30.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Oglesby (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - 1:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree. Air Jam shuttled us from ATL to BON and back in March 2002. I was quite pleased.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration