BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Charters from Boston,MA/Manchester,NH
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Charters from Boston,MA/Manchester,NH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael P. McGravey (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - 11:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are there any travel agencies that regularly run trips (Charters) to Bonaire out of Boston or Manchester,NH? Or...would I be on my own booking the flight and hotel separately? Thanks in advance for your help! - Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4155) on Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - 11:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael,check your local dive shop perhaps they have a trip going at a convienent time for you..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #160) on Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - 12:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael-
GWV Travel, out of Boston (Needham, to be precise) used to have a weekly charter out of Boston to Bonaire that ran from the early 1980s until the early to mid 90s, but not recently. But who knows, they could start it up again. You never know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2701) on Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - 12:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, I can relate my recent experience. I live in Raymond, NH and booked through Caradonna Travel. You will need to research the airlines and resorts before you talk to a travel agent. There are basically two ways to get there, Air Jamaica and American Airlines, Air Jamaica only flys a limited schedule on Wednesday's and Saturday's. AA flys everyday but their schedule sucks, you leave at mid-day and arrive late, they make up for this by making you leave very early and getting home mid-day. A very convenient schedule for the 10,000 Bonairians but sucks for the 300 million Americans. The prices between the two vary greatly depending on your schedule and booking karma.

You were asking about charters, well there aren't any right now (that I know of and I did look). GWV does fly to St Martin direct from Boston (on Sat's early I think). You could connect to Bonaire from there.

On the resort, to many to list and very dependant on your needs.

I had all this planned out before I called and I basically told them where and how I wanted to travel. They came back a while later with a price but the airline price was more expensive than I saw on line. Dee (from Caradonna) told me to book it, which I did at a considerable savings. She took this in stride while I was amazed that a mere mortal could get cheaper airline tickets than a travel agent.

The moral is to do your research and learn as much going in as possible. This board is a great resource for this.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration