BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Another question for exp. AJ fliers
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: Another question for exp. AJ fliers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Steckler (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 8:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This may seem like a dumb question, but does anybody know what Air Jamaica serves on a "breakfast" flight? Someone told me that it could be the dreaded ackee and codfish, and I can't eat seafood at all. (Couldn't it be banana bread, fresh fruit and Blue Mountain coffee instead???)

I called the AJ 800 number but they had no idea. They gave me the local Houston number but they are closed on Tues. and Wed. and only open from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. on the rest of the days!

It wouldn't be a problem except that there is nothing open when we leave for the airport at 3:30 a.m. (and who wants breakfast then anyway??)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 8:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The past few times we have flown with them from BWI, they served pancakes, sausage or eggs. Of course it was the airline size portion! I've never had fish served on any AJ flight and we've flown them 5 times. Of course, all 5 times were from BWI.

We always pack the old standby breakfast just in case.....pop tarts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1148) on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 8:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would LOVE ackee and saltfish..u can get that at Margaritaville in the airport..dunno what they serve as I do not eat plane food but it's NOT local food. Have a Ting mon..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Daniels (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 9:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We left from JFK last summer and yes, we did have fish for breakfast. It was good! And don't forget the TING!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Steckler (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 9:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ouch! Don't remind my husband about the TING!
We both love it, but he is on some medication where he can't have anything grapefruit.

Thanks for the warning. Looks like I'll be packing the Pop Tarts and Rice Crispy snacks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Johnny Marks (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 9:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I work for Air J and u can request a fruit platter for your flight. Just call the 1800 num

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Steckler (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 10:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the help, Johnny. The fruit sounds wonderful. Which extension should I use? I already tried #2 and the lady there couldn't tell me anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #696) on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 11:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Johnny, welcome to BT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1150) on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 8:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, Mom cannot drink Ting either..what a shame. I found some in the A&P here on Cape Cod so bought 10 bottles. Went back and it was pulled from the shelf to be sent back due to lack of interest so...I bought the whole darn thing..well, 2 cases..It's the BEST..I loved it while living in Antigua.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1151) on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 8:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

So for a BOSTON based traveler our days available are Wed. and Sat. only..

Right??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By christine Hughes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #220) on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 9:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

nope if you want to go boston miami montegiobay than bonaire than thier is a friday flight from what I understand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol Eddy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #415) on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 9:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We flew AJ at breakfast time in April out of Atlanta. I am a vegetarian, so I ordered the vegetarian meal. It was a potato/peppers/onion/cheese concoction.......looked quite good, but I didn't want anything that heavy so I substituted a fruit plate (we were in first class - love those sky miles!) otherwise I'm not sure I would have been able to substitute.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #188) on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 8:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok-- Another silly question-- What is Ting.,....

I just booked our flights for Nov & Feb-- Weds, Sat or Sunday out of Boston

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Steckler (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 10:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

TING is the world's best grapefruit soda. It is positively addictive. I haven't been to Jamaica in almost 20 years, but I remember it well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1152) on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 7:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, Where do you live? Some West Indian populated areas have it stocked in stores, hence up at Stop in Shop in Alston (Boston).
I think I shall be the Ting distributor in Bonaire..LOL

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Steckler (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 9:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are in south suburban Houston. I have run across bottles of Ting upon occasion at one of the upscale specialty markets in central Houston but it is not there all of the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Lott (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #391) on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 10:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love Ting! While on Antigua, I loved the Vodka Ting drinks... I have been unable to find any locally. It is the best drink ever!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #156) on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 12:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have Ting here on Nantucket Island (MA), but then again, we have a HUGE Jamaican work force here. I love it, but I opt for the calorie free variety (Fresca)!!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration