BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Toronto-Bonaire 3/26-April2 CHEAP fare
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Toronto-Bonaire 3/26-April2 CHEAP fare
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 8:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just noticed that for the last Canada3000 trip to Bonaire (direct) from Toronto this spring --- March 26 through April 2 --- Canada3000 is offering a RT fare of $444 Canadian, air only. This is an incredible rate (less than $300 US). I can't persuade my husband to drop everything and go by himself because I can't get off work, but if you can, it can't be beat. Anyone interested, check the website: www.selloffvacations.com, which is an agent for Canada3000.

How I wish I was packing to leave....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peggy Bowen on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 1:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie - just pack your bag and GO! Then you could be in front of Jake and Linda's house with the send money sign!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 9:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Peggy, trust me, I would. I've got this problem with "commitment". One I made to my company to work full time through a transition from a department to a newly formed company, with a move to a new building April 2. It's a moral obligation. Damn the timing... It it was a month later, I'd be off running...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peggy Bowen on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 11:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know... I can't get away until May now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Pezzack on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 8:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wish I could go, thanks for the info, I'll keep checking sell offs in the future!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 8:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unfortunately, this week is the last Canada3000 flight until (I hope they do it again!) December. they do seem to have some VERY good rates on last minute reservations to some other islands, as well as Cancun and Cozumel (if you're so inclined...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerri Freeman on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 9:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Believe they've recently joined up with Royal Airlines to take advantage of each other's abilities. So let's hope they keep us in mind. 'Cause I've definitely been reminded to keep Passport ready to go with me, stay-packed spare gear and money.P.s. From the If you like the clothes,you'll love the airline file. For a mere $5000. or so, you can now fly Roots Air and stay 1 week on Roots private island off Canada's west coast. Airline comes with Roots-dressed attendants, real china etc. Island comes with real rainforest and forest dwellers.Whales outside the door in-season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dara Walter on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kerri - Get your butt on that plane and you can retrieve the phrase book from Ellen yourself and get a tan too!!!!! (NO, not a tatoo! Well, you could probably get one of those, also, and perhaps have your belly-button pierced :-)

Okay, back to work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerri Freeman on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 6:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sheesh, you have been working too hard. If I hadn't thought you'd be nervous with me peeking from behind a sea fan I'd have been right with you. From now on, passport gets regular check ups. You and I might know I bleed Maple Syrup, but gov'ts are funny about this stuff. On the other hand, I'd probably learn Papiemento faster from a cell on-island. And the 3 of us could celebrate your soon- to- be -elevated status. You know I'm impressed and wishing you the bestest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hazel Scharosch on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 7:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What?? Did I miss something?? Has Dara been promoted to Tarpon Queen or something?? Inquiring minds, you know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dara Walter on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 8:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm auditioning for the role of bubble-meister in Capt Don's next performance of The Water Music :-)

I'm headed down to become Habitat's next certified DM....unless the guys in little white coats certify me first.....

I'll see if I can come up with some pink sequins to humor you while I'm there:-) (sad thing is, I actually have some! Perhaps I should try out for the role of bauble-meister.......)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hazel Scharosch on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 12:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kudos, Dara! How exciting for you! And also for us, since I know you are going to take Kerri and I with you, right? We'll bring the Reserve San Wogga Wogga. Darn, I forgot I have a family. Guess I'll have to pass, but thanks for the invitation :-) IMHO, no one can have enough pink sequins. Best wishes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 11:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dara, that is great news, I think I hate you, dragging all of those touristas into the briney deep, everyday. It sux to be you (yeah right). Your saying is "To eat dessert first", is this an extension of that or a mid-life (not that you look that old) crisis? Best of luck on the audition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dara Walter on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 2:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the well wishes and unending humor! [wiping the chocolate frosting from my chin] My office neighbor has been wondering why I'm sniggering to myself.....

Cecil, this is mid-life crisis #2; the first one happended at 17 and sent me into the forests of northern MI to cut down trees and count catfish! At that point I wasn't sure I'd make it past 30 :- )

I have to admit I can't figure out this "Wogga Wogga" thing....from my sequined days of ballroom dance I conjure up this image of something half way between Rhumba and Mambo, but the clues I have at hand tell me it's a celebratory beverage of about 15% EtOH! Perhaps it's time for a keyword search to investigate the origins! And Hazel, how about I send my extra sequins and Austrian crystals to you.....I'm afraid if I glue them to my wetsuit a Barracuda might mistake me for a fishing lure!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration