BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: New to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2003-05-01 to 2004-01-31: New to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry Mahoney (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 4:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We would like to know what is the best way to arrange travel? Contact hotel/airline directly or use a travel agent? We are from the east coast, and not sure what is the best way to make travel arrangements.

Also, thanks for all the postings, I really got so much great information from all of you.

Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2387) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 5:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Kerry! Welcome to BT. Our first trips we used Caradonna Caribbean Tours (Amy x 114) to set up the air and hotel and rental car, etc. They are very experienced with Bonaire and fitting each person's individual needs and desires. We travel to Bonaire from New Jersey.

Here is their website address which should have their toll free number, etc.

http://www.caradonna.com/caradonna/

You will fall in love with Bonaire the moment you arrive....if you are like the rest of us Bonaire addicts! Keep us posted as to your your plans as they develop, OK? Ayo. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #234) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 6:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kerry,

Most of the dive package brokers are very familiar with Bonaire trips. Caradonna and WorldDive are well known. Carole prefers Caradonna, I prefer Larry at Worlddive. I've used both...Larry is the best. He can put together air that most travel agents can't seem to find. Enjoy your vacations.

http://worlddive.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (BonaireTalker - Post #75) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 7:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kerry -

Bon bini na BonaireTalk!

We book over the Internet directly with American Airlines or one of the travel sites, i.e., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, etc.; the Plaza Resort Bonaire, and AB Carrental.

We also have used a travel agent for the land portion to book the Plaza Resort. Since we know exactly what we want, even the room location, we prefer to book directly with the Plaza's U.S. representative over the Internet.

Hope this gives you information about other options for booking.

If you have any specific questions about these approaches, please ask.

The main thing to realize is that if you are not totally satisfied with your booking approach for the first trip to Bonaire, there will be plenty of other opportunities to get it right. :->

What a treat y'all have in store.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM KENNEDY (BonaireTalker - Post #97) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 10:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have always booked my divetrips with Aquadreams Travel, Inc out of Cape Coral, FL. NEVER had a problem that they didn't take care of quickly and without question. Would rather deal with a travel agent and have someone on my side incase things go wrong. They know who to contact to straighten mistakes out. Call and talk with Terri; Dani or Gene. They're insured and certified through Florida

jimini

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Goff (BonaireTalker - Post #46) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 9:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

May I add a suggestion? Which ever travel agency you use is great but do yourself a favor and email the different locations such as hotel and or dive operation/car rental just to make sure your reservation is confirmed. You can find the email addresses at individual sites and it helps the arrival process if you are delayed in arriving.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greta Badstebner (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 1:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My vote goes to World Dive, www.worlddive.com. Margo & her staff will help you in any way possible. This is by far the best one out of three I've used to schedule trips to Bonaire!!!

Charles Poteet is right! Y'all are in for a real treat! However, we've never stayed at the Plaza...always stayed at Buddy Dive...a personal preference.

(BTW Charles, I live in the Dallas area too. We'll be going to Bonaire 6/24 for our 5th time...can't wait!)

Good luck with your trip plans, Kerry!

Greta Badstebner
Highland Village, TX

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry Mahoney (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 1:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks to all of you for all your help and information. Getting very excited about trip. I'm sure we will have a great time, and I love the trip report section, especially all the photos.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration