BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: ALM problems....NOT!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: ALM problems....NOT!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Davison on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 10:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just returned from Bonaire and once again we had no problems with ALM! You read it correctly ... NO PROBLEMS! In fact I'm probably the exception... in the 10 times I've been to Bonaire I've had only 1 really major delay and that was the year (95/96??) that I booked via ATL vs MIA and the plane was delayed for 8+ hours due to mechanical problems in Curacao. Even then I made the 1st dive on Sunday at the Carib Inn...this trip all our connections were ON TIME and the flights quirte enjoyable. We did run into the folks that had problems on Curacao on Sunday 3/11 that had to de-plane from an ALM flight after a couple of aborted take-offs and were forced to scramble to other flights. For Kelly Hirsch: Did Jason make it back? He was part of that morass that were waiting to be re-routed by ALM.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Hirsh on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 2:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Bob, yep Jason made it back but not for long. His luggage made it to DCA in time for him to pick it up two days later, when he was headed out on business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 9:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yo BoB,
Actually ALM took excellant care of me. I have no problems with ALM. The aborts were for safety.. The scramble was caused by AA dumping us after promising to take care of us. ALM has our connections reset, vouchers to ALL of us BEFORE we left Curacao. Flight was free drinks due to delays. In MIA no luggage, but again ALM and Caradonna travel went out of their way to help me and in arrived in DCA next day. Some of us tend to forget that ALM is a VERY small airline flying a BIG time schedule with what I consider to be the finest in air staff (and this is from a guy who has 1,000,000 plus air miles). My only regret is that they keep flying to MIA. MIA a place where I have a harder time finding someone who speaks english then I do in Ricon. Hey cert class in Haymarket this weekend and MT Storm next weekend and why am I talking about ice diving in Boanire Talk...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Davison on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 4:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jason....glad you made it back reletively unscathed! Yes the quarry opens soon and I will keep you in mind as I sit on the beach of Roatan next week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michelle Ryan on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 5:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Jason! Glad to hear that you made it back OK. Am heading to Bonaire in April.

Michelle

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration