BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Help me please.
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: Help me please.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. McPeak (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #118) on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 2:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been to Bonaire many times, and have booked air in a variety of ways. We were just looking at airfare to come down in June. The prices are very hefty. Does anyone have the name of the travel agent with, I believe, a Spanish name? I do know about Bonairepros.com, but I want to check out the other one as well. I believe it begins with a C. Thanks for any help in advance. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. Kritagent (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 3:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Possible Caradonna ??? at www.caradonna.com or 888-599-8400

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Roddy (BonaireTalker - Post #40) on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 4:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

James,
I got our fares($451 each) directly from Air Jamaica on the phone.Happened to catch a "special"Don't jump on the cheapest fare immediately.May not be the cheapest tomorrow.Then again,don't wait too long.You gamble?

Marty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #241) on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 5:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jim,

1. What is "hefty"?

2. When are you going?

3. Have you tried midweek flights (if possible).

I just found a $570.00 fare RT Philadelphia - Bonaire, through Travelocity for the dates of 10-18 June.

Good Luck.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #242) on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 5:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim,

BTW, I have used Caradonna several times with good results.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. McPeak (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #120) on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 3:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, we will also be going out of Philadelphia at about the same time. We were looking at Saturday, the 21st. This is when we can go to Phila-Montego-Bonaire. The fares I have so far range from $642 to $734. And yes, it is Carradonna. Thanks for your help. I'll give them a shot as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #155) on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 9:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Tom ... are you heading to Bonaire in June? Just when the ice is leaving Lake Champlain? We are looking for airfare to Belize in the summer and the rates are running about the same as what you saw for Philly to Bonaire. We are also trying to put together a trip to Bonaire at Christmas --- talk about hefty rates!! Does Caradonna do air only if you book land with them? I know most agents prefer to work that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #243) on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 7:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No I am not going in June Susan? I only posted to show the airfare I had found in response to Jim's post.

BTW, the ice never actually leaves Lake Champlain. It just sinks for a few months;-{)}

I am hoping to visit in November in addition to my normal winter visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. McPeak (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #121) on Saturday, April 5, 2003 - 11:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan, we went to Bonaire last December, and didn't book until early November. We went through Cheap Tickets, on the phone, and got a great price of $518. We have also decided to go back in December next year. Let me know if you get any good deals for that time. Thanks. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #156) on Saturday, April 5, 2003 - 2:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim ... thanks for the tip! We are certainly going to be patient and keep trying. I will let you know if I find anything reasonable if you will do thte same for me! Thanks! Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #261) on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 9:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Tom & Susan....what do you think of this lovely weather ???? we have another foot and a half of snow on top of the mud...just want to go back to Bonaire..thinking of a return trip in June to check out the viz, see if it is clearer...the most I have ever paid Hartford, Ct. to Bonaire is $455 and that is in Jan or Feb..June should be cheaper...good luck..best to check travelocity then the airline site itself and "work a deal "..travel agents have never come in with a low price..(sorry agents) but with a group it is easier..Tom..we'll be in Burlington first weekend in May..come see the photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #159) on Monday, April 7, 2003 - 10:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WOW Debbie I want you to book my tickets! We payed considerably more last Feb than you did. But then again we have to fly weekends because of our schedules so that is probably the difference. Just used miles to book for February and are now searching and waiting for good rates for December. And I do not much like all this new snow and ice and cold with more on the way tonight! I think Tom is getting less than us as these last couple of storms seem not to have made it to that part of the state. And they call us the "banana belt???!!!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #244) on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 5:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No Debbi, book mine;-{)}

I found $530-ish including taxes Hartford-Bon for November, will call the Airlines, thanks.

Where in Burlington Debbi?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. McPeak (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #123) on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just got $604 last night from Phila-Montego-Bonaire. This is the cheapest I've found to date.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration