BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Detroit (DTW) to Bonaire.
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: Detroit (DTW) to Bonaire.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joan Williams (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 8:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone on here ever flown out of Detroit to Bonire and if so how did it work out. What airlines did you use, etc. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #284) on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 1:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have, twice. Used American to Miami, then ALM to Curaco then Bonaire. Both times were fine. The last time we drove to Chicago and used Air Jamaica to Montego Bay then on to Bonaire. Fine going down, but delays coming back.

All of our luggage has always arrived with us, so we've been lucky. Be prepared for a long day, but Bonaire is worth it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Flook (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #142) on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 11:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joan:

I do not know exaclty where your reside that makes you look at DTW, so this info may be of limited value.

We have gone out of, or through DTW before. We have used American or Northworst to Miami, or Atlanta, then ALM, American, or Northworst to Bonaire. I do not beleive that at this time Northworst goes to Bonaire though.

Depending on where you live you may want to look at Grand Rapids GRR. In recent years we have found GRR to Chicago to SJ to to Bonaire (all on American) to be the best deal. I usually do a search for airfare from Lansing, Grand Rapids, Fortwayne, DTW, and it seems that GRR wins most of the time.

It does not make sense, but we have actually found cheaper airfare from GRR than from DTW or ORD. We have flown on the same flights out of ORD or DTW, but connected from GRR, and saved money. So the GRR connection can actaully save cost (Not always, but sometimes)

Good Luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joan Williams (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 2:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dave: We live in Point Edward, ON directly across the river from Port Huron, MI hence the interest in leaving from DTW. We can fly out of T.O. but it is a 2 1/2 hour drive and Skyservice is charter and you are packed in like sardines. We just returned from Cozumel with them and after 6 hours on the plane due to delays thought I'd never move again. Thanks for your help.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration