BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Who is Dutch Eagle Express?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: Who is Dutch Eagle Express?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Epley (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was reading Caribbean Air News and ran across the following article, http://www.caribbeanavenue.com/airnews/2003/02/030205ca_stillnopermit.html, and it mentioned a Bonaire based airline, Dutch Eagle Express. Anybody heard of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #3841) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 12:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dutch Eagle Express is the holding company for the airline which will be flying under the name BonairExel. Actually, the permit was to have been issued by February 1st, and the hope is that BonairExel will start flying by the end of March, 2003 (March 28th, as given in the article is the target for the start of flights).

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Chetwood (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 12:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake
Are the routes announced?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Chetwood (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 12:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake
Are the routes announced?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Chetwood (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 12:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oops
Sorry about the double post!
Will

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #3842) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 12:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The intended destinations were announced, but not where the flights will initially go - I expect a ramp-up as landing rights are slowly secured.

The destinations I recall being announced are:

- Aruba
- Caracas
- Curacao
- Miami
- St. Maarten

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Chetwood (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 12:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Jake

It could be an interesting option for those of us who are based in Europe and can get relatively cheap flights to Miami.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #178) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 1:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Will,

I would not expect the fare from MIA to Bonaire to be any cheaper than current carriers. We can hope for improved reliability and stability over the current DCA (former ALM) who still has direct flights from MIA to BON on Saturday. Hopefully, the new airline will open up Aruba as another option for getting to Bonaire. Many US carriers fly to Aruba from cities other than MIA (yuck!!). Their schedules and reliability are proven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1332) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 1:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The article from Airnews has an interesting sentence: 'The Judge ruled recently that the DEE should be provided with a permit on March 28th, the latest.' Like Jake, I thought I had read that the permit was to be issued by 1 Feb. ????

The Central government really doesn't want competition to DCA and apparently is willing to do all it can to hinder others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #179) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 1:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glen,

after the RAA fiasco, are any of us surprised? Their "slight of hand" approach is so obvious...wish they would stop trying to be so clever

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RALPH KIRA (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 11:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

IS THERE A WAY TO GET FROM ARUBA TO BONAIRE BY AIR?
HAS ANY ONE EVER HEARD OF ARUBIAN AIRWAYS-ARE THE UP AND FLYING YET?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration