BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AJ - how early to airport in US??
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: AJ - how early to airport in US??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By sue ryan goodman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 11:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are flying out of Newark on 2/15 via AJ. For the 7:15am departure they are telling us to get there 2.5 hours ahead of departure. This feels a bit excessive. What have been people's experience with Newark specifically and AJ in general? We were hoping to show up more in the 5:30am range.

PS - anyone else with 5 & 10 year old kids (boy & girl) going to be in Bonaire 2/15-22?? We are staying at the Plaza

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1328) on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 11:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

In June I arrived at EWR about 6:15 am and made the AJ flight with a few minutes to spare. 5:30 should be fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3579) on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 4:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sue Just a word of advice or my $.02 worth.. 2/15 is a major traveling day!!! we have a flight out of LGA at 6am to Roatan and we plan on being there at 3;30am,, Every teacher in the world and parents with children that have off from school for Presidents's Week {like yourselves} will be waiting in lines to go to warmer climates.. I wish us both luck...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #281) on Tuesday, February 4, 2003 - 7:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

When you come back from Bonaire, go to the airport early on the day of your flight and check in, with your bags. It will be much less stressful. We ended up in line for over an hour, only to go stand in another line. AJ in Bonaire is very inefficient and, I think, most unhelpful. Make sure you compensate for this so that you're not undoing all that relaxation!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By sue ryan goodman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Tuesday, February 4, 2003 - 9:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie - we travel every year on President's Week (something about that school break!) & deal with the crowds. Even with post-9/11 security last year, we got to Newark 2+ hours ahead and sat around for nearly 2 hours.

Does anyone know what terminal AJ goes out of in Newark? I'm hoping it's the international one, as European flights generally don't go out that early.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Shripka (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Tuesday, February 4, 2003 - 10:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sue

I am flying out of Newark on 3/19 on AJ
and was informed they leave from Terminal "B".
I dont know if that is the international bulding
or not. Hope this is of some help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rita Daggett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #131) on Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - 12:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dont know about your airport but here in UK for international flights 3 hours is now the standard time for check-in! It went up from 2 hours when they instituted more stringent security checks after Sept 11th.
(last one we did was an Air Canada from Heathrow and the computers had gone wrong - it took over 3 hours standing in the queue!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jill Ganderton (BonaireTalker - Post #55) on Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - 5:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, I see you are headed to Roatan...have you been before? If so, I'd love to hear your views and tips! We are going too, in our school break, four weeks today (who's counting!!) We are staying at Island Pearl at West Bay.
Have a wonderful trip, and tell us all about it when you get back, eh??!
Jill

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration