BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bonaire by either Curacao or Aruba
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: Bonaire by either Curacao or Aruba
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By claude waver on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 12:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How can I get to Bonaire from either Aruba or Curacao?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Lodwick on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 12:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

DCA (http://www.flydca.net)and Divi Divi Air (http://www.baibini.com) flies between Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire.

There's also a ferry that runs between Curacao and Bonaire. Check out the following website, http://www.curacao-travelguide.com/activities/ferry.shtml, for travel times.

Hope that helps,

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jan angier on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 1:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

From all of these sites, it looks like "carry on luggage only". Am I correct in reading this? I can "carry" all of my bags, but I don't know what size/weight limits they are talking about. Does this mean that dive gear and large duffle bags are not allowed?
My thought was to use AA/AE through San Juan on the inbound...then ferry over to Cur to connect with AA on the outbound. I'd even be ok with an overnight in Cur to assure timing of the AA flight... But this won't work if I can't get my luggage off island.

This is looking more and more like I will need to tough it out and sign up for the Am Eagle 6AM departure like last year.

Any comments from seasoned BON travelers?

Jan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob neer on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 1:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i think the am flight is now at 7:00am...

enjoy your sleep :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chet Wood on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 1:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Its 7:00ish now, it changes to 6:00ish when we are on Daylight Savings Time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob neer on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

oh poo...and i thought they were being thoughtful:)

thanks for pointing that out :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chrissie Howell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 3:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is there a way to go by boat from Aruba to Curacao? And if not what is the least expensive way to do it?

Thanks,
Chrissie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Deal (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #429) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 3:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am looking at United into Aruba, with a possible connection over to Bonaire....but there does not seem to be anyway to do this, with United's 2:30 arrival in Aruba... Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I get the feeling that Aruba does not want to have anyone fly to Bonaire?
We usually do AJ out of BWI-MoBay, but I am looking for alternatives.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #182) on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 5:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Robert,

You can take either Avia Air direct which leaves about 7:00 pm or DCE to Cur connecting to Bonaire. I suggest AVia Air... I have flown with them and it is a neat flight (small plane...minimum weight luggage allowed... I've just spoke to Avia recently...they can be contacted :
Avia Air
Wayaca 31D
ARUBA
tel. (297) 5824600, reservations: (297) 5883939
fax. (297) 5887757
email: avia.aa@setarnet.aw, reservations: avia@setarnet.aw

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration