BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: BonairExel
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: BonairExel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 8:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has there been any new developements for BonairExel? I have not seen any updates since early December.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Feldman on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 10:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

From this weeks Bonaire Reporter (available for a small fee online at www.bonairereporter.com I highly recommend it!)

"BonairExel Airlines should have its first flights on March 28. According to a spokesman that's how long it will take to get everything operational considering the permits will be granted at the end of this month."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #3742) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 4:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That would be very nice - that way we could take a direct flight to Miami en route to Orlando for our Spring vacation. Woohoo!

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Cabus (BonaireTalker - Post #128) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Excellent. We fly on the 30th from Aruba to Bonaire.

Any price info available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (BonaireTalker - Post #952) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 4:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can folks keep us posted on routing, news etc...

So this can be booked (when available) via the NW computer res department?

Interesting..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Senie (BonaireTalker - Post #188) on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 6:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm going to hold off until the schedules are posted before figuring out air travel plans for our next visit. I'm going to be curious to see if I can use Northwest miles and connections in MIA. That would be REALLY nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #1318) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 11:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have to hope this is not another case of 'the permits are in the mail'. The central government has been very effective in delaying airline approvals so far. Fingers crossed, all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #166) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 9:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Daniel,

good idea to hold off until the schedules are posted. I bought tickets last year for RAA which was going to start flights "next month"....that was a year ago....I agree with Glen, lets hope the central government doesn't step on their xdfgdsl and spoil this opportunity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1321) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 11:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The central government doesn't step on their own xdfgdsl but on ours when they support their own DCA by keeping other airlines down!!!

End of this month for permits assumes they honor the court order. 'Seeing is believing.' 'Bird in hand is worth (at least) two in bush.'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1355) on Thursday, March 6, 2003 - 10:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Bonaire Reporter this week has a note about DEE: '...Excel (permit) paperwork has been tied up again in the Central government's Curacao Administration system.' As Yogi said, ' Deja vu all over again'. Determined bureaucrats can beat any court system. Don't hang by your thumbs waiting for this airline to get permits from the government, any more than any other..

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration