BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Is Curacao considered to be safe?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: Is Curacao considered to be safe?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beth Thomas (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 12:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm currently making travel plans to fly to Bonaire in March and I'm deciding between transferring through San Juan or Curacao. The Curacao connection is better timewise, but I've read some reports that Curacao is dangerous because of its proximity to Venezuela? Would you recommend that I stay away from Curacao and travel through San Juan?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob neer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #639) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 2:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

of course not :-) (bonaire is close to venezuela as well :-))

kinda nice to clear immigration in san juan - point in its favor, however, i find the layovers in san juan to be "the pits"...and then you have that infamous early morning connection back home...

maybe flying thru curacao gives you a few more connection options???

in any case, don't worry about curacao (it's almost home:-))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #3748) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 8:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would not want to be walking around Willemsted (the main city on Curacao) at night, but the airport is perfectly safe. Just beware that DCA (the only commercial airline presently flying between Bonaire and Curacao) is notorious for delays. Search on the board for "Divi Divi" as a charter alternative (it flies more often daily than DCA and is more reliable).

Jake

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration