BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Getting from Kansas City to Bonaire inexpensively?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Getting from Kansas City to Bonaire inexpensively?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Rodeghier on Sunday, February 25, 2001 - 10:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have gone to Bonaire from Boston via GWV three times on packages of varying price. I am now experiencing sticker shock from the midwest and wondered if anyone else had solved the problem of getting there without mortgaging your home.

Thanks, Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Springer on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 12:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

American is showing flights in their computer now.
Routing is MCI to either Dallas(DFW) or Chicago(ORD) to San Juan(SJU) and then American Eagle to Bonaire(BON). Fare in SABRE is $757.60 with taxes round trip via the Dallas route (MKX7NR).

I also checked American Vacations, but they offer the same fare. They may drop the airfare (you have to get a hotel package thru them) in the future.

Not cheap, but a single carrier will take you all the way to paridise!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bea and Marvin Jones on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 7:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You might check ALM - I know, I know, but . . ..

Our travel agent got flites from Denver to Bonaire in the $670 range from ALM. She said it is partnered with either American or United. We travel Denver to Miami American, then ALM. In theory, in 1 day. It is about the same schedule we have gotten before from United.

Bea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dara Walter on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 2:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I come out of Minneapolis and my best luck has always been connecting with ALM in Miami. All of my airfare has been in the $650-700 range (total), unless I could get to Miami with frequent flyer miles. With most of the AJ flights departing from east coast cities early in the morning, you can't connect without an overnight stay from MSP.....good luck! I fly ALM weekdays and have had no problems with travel.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration