BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Is $500 a good fare from Atlanta?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: Is $500 a good fare from Atlanta?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renee Dooley on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 7:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My husband and I are traveling from Atlanta to Bonaire in mid-April. I've been checking fares for a few weeks now. The cheapest fare seems to be around $512 including taxes and fees. This is on American Airlines and this fare has been the same for about a month at least. I know the low season begins in April. Would I be better off waiting until late Feb. or early March to book something? Does anyone have experience in knowing the price trends? Or, should I go ahead and take the $512 ticket because it's likely to go back up if I wait? I know airlines are unpredictable, but any ideas would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob neer on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 8:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

take it...web fare special thru AA is still running about 570 from new york and chicago thru may...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 8:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our tickets in high season (12/25/02 to 01/02/03) were $750 on AA. We went from Jacksonville to Miami to PR to Bonaire.

Remeber you loss an hour in PR...we had to run to make the connection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JoEllyn Jablonski on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 12:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

take it, we pd 650 from chicago to Curacao, the special rates posted were completely sold out. flights seem to be filling quickly going to Bonaire that time of year. We had to split the group of 9 to different flights, couldn't get all on same plane at reasonable fares.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann Carter on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 9:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Take it. If you wait, the seats could be full from PR to Bonaire as it is only a 60 seater and that is still busy season on Bonaire. Have a great trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renee Dooley on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 10:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for your advice, which I took. I went ahead and booked our flight this morning, and the fare had actually gone down about $20. And as it turns out there were only 4 seats left on the early evening flight arriving in Bonaire from PR, so I'm soooo glad I went ahead and booked the tickets. Even if the price continues to go down, at least we have seats! Thanks again...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail Currie (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #394) on Saturday, February 1, 2003 - 12:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We just booked Miami to Bonaire direct but had checked the Atlanta to Bonaire because of Delta and AJ affiliation. It showed (for late April) a price of $650 or so. We are paying $434 from Miami and it's a direct flight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 12:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Iam going in July / Aug and we are paying $650.00 form Los Angeles, CA to Bonair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ida Christie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #836) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 10:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rob, Really good deal!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 12:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we just booked our tickets for our june 30 to august 15 trip. i had checked on expedia and travelocity and the cleveland to bonaire fare was a little over $900 (cleveland to chicago to san juan to bonaire). checked american airlines.com the other day and got the same route for about $650. got our tickets in the mail saturday

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration