BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica service to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Air Jamaica service to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Weiss on Wednesday, July 28, 1999 - 11:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anybody tried Air Jamaica's service to Bonaire from Montego Bay. It would still be a 3 flight trip for us (Raleigh->Atlanta->MB->Bonaire) but would avoid the 3-hour layover in Curacao and get us into Bonaire about 3 hours earlier.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, August 9, 1999 - 9:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is the first time we are flying Air Jamaica.
But it seem like a great deal. Chicago Ohare to
Montego Bay-Bonaire arrives in Bonaire about 3;30 PM Beats all the hours of waiting in Miami
for ALM to finally depart. The only setback is that is only goes to Bonaire on Saturdays, but we are staying longer then planned which is fine with us.
Sylvia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim on Tuesday, August 10, 1999 - 12:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sylvia:

If you don't mind me asking, what was the roundtrip fare on that? We just flew American/ALM from Chicago and paid $672 each and didn't get in until 8:30 pm. I cannot EVER find deals to the Caribbean!! We are looking to use Air Jamaica next time just so we can get in early and enjoy some of the day. Thanks. -- Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Fortlage on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

For all of you:
Give it a try. I just got back from Bonaire via Air Jamaica. Nice service...especially on the ground where you need it the most. The layover in MB is pleasant and without hassels...., and they take personal interest in making sure you make your connection ( ie they call you by name as you get off your connecting flight if your connecting time is short. What a pleasure to have someone greet you and answer your questions. They also have two duty free stores that are very well priced.
It is the first time in 10 years that I've arrived in Bonare at 3:00pm in the afternoon. They use mostly Airbus 300's that are six across. They also use MD80's which we took on the way back from Bonaire to MB.
Either plane is okay...but you get spoiled on the Airbus.
Bottom line: Air Jamaica has the right attitude, and the right price.
What's the minus? At this time only Sat to Sat flights. If we support them, maybe we will get additional flights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eileen marcet on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 9:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

what's the fair on air jamaica?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peggy Bowen on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 1:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Believe "our" fare for Air Jamaica flights from Newark to Bonaire (Feb 2000) was around $530-$540

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the info, I'll have to price out Air Jam from Ohare, it will be worth it to get there in the daylight!!! If anyone tries it from Ohare, please let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 8:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the info. I will have to give it a try next time. It would be worth it to get to Bonaire in the daylight!! If anyone tries Air Jam from Ohare, please let me know. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 8:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

sorry about the double post, it's early!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peggy Bowen on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 5:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just got back from 3 weeks in Bonaire -
Flew Air Jamiaca from Newark

While we were held up in Newark for de-icing the plane(Feb. remember), they held the plane for us in Montego Bay. On getting out of the plane in Jamaica, they pointed to the bonaire plane and said get on - we never even went into the terminal. All luggage made the flight.

On return, we had to go into the terminal at Jamaica but the plane was boarding so we just went from one gate to another.

I'll take immigration in Newark over Miami any day or night! Even saw a smile or three at 11 at night!

If I had to say something bad it would be that they ran out of beer and the airbus seats are not the most comfortable. But the crew was pleasant and everyone seems to want to help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Deal on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 4:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is a long way off, but I am hoping for a similar good experience trying Air Jamaico for the first time next January, out of BWI (Baltimore). One thing that I can definitely say for them now is that the schedule is DEFINITELY more civilized. We leave BWI at 9:00 AM and arrive Bonaire at 2:30 (approx), and return leaving Bonaire at 3:30 and into BWI at 9:30 PM, this is on a Saturday both times. With that kind of schedule, they can tie me to the wing instead of giving me a seat. To my thinking, it sure beats getting to Bonaire late at night, and having to leave at the crack of dawn. Price was the same as ALM, too, for two adults and a child.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hirshfield on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 6:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We just got back last Saturday from doing the Air Jamaica route out of Baltimore, and it was great all around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john bressan on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 11:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Robert, like you, we are taking Air Jamica for the first time. In the past we have left Los Angeles CA at midnight and arrived at Bonair around 7:00 p.m. local if we were lucky. Last time it was 11:30 p.m. I have heard nothing but good about AJ and the best part is that for around $500 my wife and I can upgrade to first class. It's a 12 hour flight for us each way and that makes it worth the money. I agree with you, the arrival times and departure times are much better than with United/ALM that we have done before. We will be there the first two weeks of July.

john

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration