BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Travel Problems
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2002-10-28 to 2003-04-30: Travel Problems
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 1:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

KLM. Kill Likely Memories
Maybe that is a little harsh, as nothing can take away from a great week’s diving in Bonaire – shore diving at your own pace in water of 27C and air temperature of 30C plus – but KLM sure did try and ruin a perfectly good week. They could at least have forewarned us about the problems that passengers could encounter, as we could have stayed on for an extra day’s diving.
Checking in for our flight home, via Curacao and Amsterdam, the girl at the checkout desk informed us that the flight was now closed, as the aircraft was full. This news was received with amazement by the twelve of us in our party, the rest of the group standing next to us at the other desk and numerous people still in the queue behind us. Apparently this is not an unusual occurrence and is due to the plane taking the 15-minute flight from Bonaire to Curacao prior to leaving for Amsterdam. Priority is given to travellers between the islands and on-bound passengers are the ones that suffer.
Four out of our 12 made it home on the appropriate flight. The other 8 were accommodated for an extra night in Bonaire, had to fight for a seat on the following day’s flight and were greeted in Amsterdam by an ever emptying carousel, as their luggage had not made it as far as they had. For anyone planning a trip to Bonaire and flying with KLM please check in early for your flight home!
Pip and Buzz, Nottingham From Sport Diver UK

This is a letter from Sport Diver magazine, it just makes me more determined to never fly through Curacao again! It really is becoming an issue in the UK. When people in the UK get in touch with me I always tell them to avoid Curacao but perhaps this will hit the message home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rita Daggett on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 9:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you use the KLM 'direct' flights tho - do you have a choice about the Curacao bit?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 11:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I think the flights do not even land in Curacao now, (if they do it's just a stop over for them to join the flight)
Just booked mine, is there something going on aroundthe 12th August because I had the devils own job finding a flight at a less than extortionate price?! Managed it at last. What are people doing about accomodation if they are leaving on the 02.25 Flight?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration