BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Question About Bathrooms In Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Question About Bathrooms In Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Tinsley (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 9:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are there plenty of public restrooms in Bonaire??
Are they of American type standard or more like Mexico (not trying to offend anyone)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #818) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 5:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Kelly.

To my knowledge there aren't any! This has always been an issue when the cruise ships arrive.
There was one in the shopping mall but it was hideous.

Obviously all cafes & bars have facilities but again, they vary in cleanliness. Some are fine, many are not.

Generally speaking, they are to US or European specification but not always to their standards of hygiene.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3507) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Kelly & welcome to BT..Ditto to what Antony said.
I would only add that the major resorts (ie Plaza, Divi Flamingo etc) have facilities on their property.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Tinsley (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you...without going into detail, I find myself in need of a bathroom quickly some days due to a medical condition, and there is nothing worse than having to hunt out places to go....I will come prepared though....Thanks, Kelly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6498) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 1:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly, if you are staying on the island, please know that nothing will be very far from your accommodation...on the west side, most everything is a ten minute drive or less. The park or the east side might provide more challenging conditions(just like diving!). Anybody, feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong...don't want to give out bum advice.

Have fun. Enjoy the lovely little island!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brenda (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1333) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 3:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly, after clearing the long line at customs, the bathroom is immediately to your right! 1st door, I think.

I believe it has 2 stalls, and has always been clean when I've arrived. "Standard" U.S. style.

Enjoy your trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Tinsley (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 5:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks to all who responded...We are really looking forward to our vacation on Bonaire...Kelly

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration