BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Mosquitos/Rain
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Mosquitos/Rain
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rose Checchio (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 9:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is it still raining in Bonaire? I will be flying in on March 26th on the continental flight, and I was in bonaire in November for thanksgiving for two weeks and the weather was terrible, too much rain, I must of spent $100 on mosquito spray. I used skin so soft from avon and off and nothing seemed to really keep them away for long. Any suggestions and a weather update would be really appreciated. Can anyone tell me what website is the the best for weather for Bonaire? Looking forward to diving and praying for good weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rose Checchio (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 10:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, I shouldn't of posted this under Dining, Hope nobody lost there appetite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #1115) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 5:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Rose I moved your message to everything else Bonaire Welcome to Bonaire talk :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brenda (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1266) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 9:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rose, I find the best way to monitor the weather is to check the Bonaire web cams for visuals. And, yes, it has been raining, big downpour yesterday. But they seem to go by quickly.
Don't forget the bug wipes in carry on for arrival at the Flamingo Airport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1557) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 10:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rose, not much you can do about the weather. November is smack in the middle of our rainy season, March is not. Usually by the end of March, the island is dry again, and very windy. I use Active Off, (Warehouse sells it), and it works perfectly for me. And I always wear long pants at night if out (and would wear them for airport arrival too).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #204) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 10:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We just got back on sunday, and normally I am the one eaten alive, this trip not too many at all even with the very heavy amts of rain...3 days of very veryheavy downpours. just my 2 cents!! Have a wonderful trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neptune Nick (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #165) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 12:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rose-
We've had good success with Cactus Juice and it's environmentally friendly.

http://www.cactusjuicetm.com/

Note that their website says they're shipping late. Our order from late November took 60 days.

Regardless, we've used the spray and the lotion.

Enjoy your trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin J Schulz (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 - 1:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Rose,

The wife and I are also flying to Bonaire on the Continental Flight (March 26th). This is our second trip, and we can't wait. I am sure the weather will be superb (that is compared to Wisconsin, where we live) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rose Checchio (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 - 3:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kevin,

They say the weather is getting better, so if it doesn't rain usually the mosquitos aren't so bad. I did load up on Mosquito spray and wipes. So if you need a wipe in the airport just yell:)

Rose

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration