BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Dengue Sign - Translation Please?
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Dengue Sign - Translation Please?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gnann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #164) on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 5:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This sign by the stadium is apparently a public service message regarding dengue prevention. Can someone please give me the exact translation in English? (I deal with vector-borne viral pathogens in my job).

dengue sign

(By the way, the sign is (or was) perched over a foul drainage ditch - perfect mosquito breeding habitat!)

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #78) on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Translation: "YOU ALSO CAN PREVENT .. DENGUE"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #941) on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 6:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Read this thread for better information
http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/36/440775.html?1297902394

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antoine Dodson (BonaireTalker - Post #91) on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 9:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Not to hi-jack the thread but anytime I need a fast translation I use google.translate.com. As you type it in or cut and paste your document, the software recognizes and translates as you go. Works great for most languages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #858) on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 10:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The translation link given should be translate.google.com but it doesn't work for Papiamentu! Instead, try http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gnann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #165) on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 12:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, William and others.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration