BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Bonaire Art
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Bonaire Art
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anne Campbell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 6:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was having lunch in Rincon , and noticed a fabulous piece of art at the bar , very colorful!
Does anyone know who the artist is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #74) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 8:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Go back again and ask would be better then sending somebody to ask for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anne Campbell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 8:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks William, I would love to go back and ask , just thought someone might know off hand since it is a well known artist and restaurant..... I talked to the owner about the artist myself , but I have a bad memory for names :/........
Cheers, Anne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #75) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 8:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Anne, What the name of the restaurant?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #919) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 11:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anne
I am really only guessing here, but I would say that there is a good chance that the artist is Henk Rozendaal. This is just because of your brief description. His art is all over the island.
My 2 cts
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neptune Nick (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #162) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 1:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mickey's probably right. Henk's work can be seen at Cactus Blue, Tipsy Seagull, Cultimara, donkey sanctuary at least that I know of.

We commissioned him in 2008 for our portrait seen here: http://henkroozendaal.exto.nl/site/kunstwerk/12556190_LOVE.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #220) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 4:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They have a funky display of local artists at Kon Tiki as well. We took home some Susan (?) Huckeby stuff a couple of years ago, and it looks lovely on our wall...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Anthony (BonaireTalker - Post #76) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 4:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have a Fred Breebaard's on the wall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandy in Upstate NY (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #113) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 4:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is Jan Huckaby. I have her art on my walls. Love it!! www.janartbonaire.com is her site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anne Campbell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 5:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi , thanks everyone , Yes Mick it is a Rozendahl!!! I just could not remember ...thanks very much! I love his art.....
can't wait to get get back to Bonaire....
Anne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6264) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 6:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, thanks for exposing me to this....beautiful stuff.

Mickey, your portrait is fantastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5457) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 6:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

NN...that is a keeper! I love it!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3460) on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 6:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nick.. Personally I think that's a great work of art. I do like Henk's style; It's so Bonaire. Thanks for the past info. Will let you know how it works out! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neptune Nick (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #163) on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 10:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barbie - Glad you like the portrait. We think it's his best work!! Gee, I wonder why!

Vince - You're welcome for the past info. Please let me know how it goes.

Jan does have some very nice artwork as well. Now if I only had a bigger house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #920) on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 11:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well Barbara unfortunately that picture was taken in 2003, but I like to think that I have not changed to much. I have been looking to see if I can find a similar but more current one. Soon I think.
Mick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration