BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: 'New' Immigration Rules for EU residents
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: 'New' Immigration Rules for EU residents
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #276) on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 6:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been searching the web site for the latest information on how long visitors from EU can now stay in Bonaire. It used to be a maximum of 90 days in a calendar year, but I understand that since 10 October, there has been a change.
Can anybody please refer me to a reliable, official source as I cannot get through to Bonaire immigration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #492) on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 8:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Trevor, EU citizens are treated the same as everyone else, except for Dutch citizens, who have preference. See this article for details (the article is based on the press release from the Rijksdienst Office): http://www.bonaireinsider.com/index.php/bonaireinsider/new_entry_requirements_for_long_term_visitors_to_bonaire/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #277) on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 9:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Susan Thank you for your prompt response.It was so easy when it was 90 days per calender year. Now it is more difficult until I determine 'the starting point' I am taking the liberty of sending you a private message. Regards.
Trevor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4185) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 7:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you are an EU passport holder can you go in the Dutch passport line?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #494) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 8:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, the sign specifically says only those with Dutch passports can go in the old "residents" line. Having said that, I don't know of any long-time residents who have been turned away when going through that line.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration