BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Park roads/skeeters/weather
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Park roads/skeeters/weather
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #190) on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 7:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am seriously GIDDY now only having four more full days of work to get through until we get ready for our LONG travel day saturday. Can anyone tell me if the park roads have improved any,how the skeeters have been lately and the temps. I know I know, anything will be better than the 19 degrees for a high that we will have tomorrow but I still want to know!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1023) on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 11:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan, I know what you mean. Our long travel day is Friday and Saturday red eye out of Houston. Don't care. I can't wait to get there too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6649) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 10:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm RIGHT THERE WITH YA ! I leave Sat morning. I'm taking Friday off work to spend with my little Widget and then off on Saturday!! Woo hoo! Safe travels to you both!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #507) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 12:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

the park has reopened .. the roads are reflective of the heavy rains .. generally rainy here, mosquitoes plentiful and temps. in the low 80's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pauline Kayes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #309) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 4:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pietri, not to mention the epidemic of dengue!! Bring plenty of Off with Deet in it and put on first thing in the morning and keep on all day if you don't want to get dengue to take home with you. seriously

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #195) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 5:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh dear....ok note to self ...get more deet tonight!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1028) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 10:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just replenished at Target. They have a nice selection in the camping dept. 100%, 40% and 25% DEET. I bought all 3. WE'll be covered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #197) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 8:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well I can only fit so many in my little zip lock bags--- we only travel with carry on bags. So only 3 oz products!! I may have to find you and borrow some!! Just kidding!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #420) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 12:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The park roads were impassable in January so I imagine they are still in very bad shape. This may be a year to skip the park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4289) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 2:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Don't skip the park!!! The road is open to slagbaai. You take the long route out then the short route back. susan, got ya covered for the Deet..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #199) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 5:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Michael...I would never skip the park, I love it there!!!! As long as you think the roads are fine. We will be there!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration