BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Woodwind BT Sail and Snorkel for the Turtles!!!-March 16th
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Woodwind BT Sail and Snorkel for the Turtles!!!-March 16th
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2751) on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 12:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's right everyone!!! All proceeds from this BT Sail and Snorkel on Woodwind are going to the Sea Turtle Conservation Bonaire ( STCB) to help the turtles!!!!!
As most old timers on this board know, when I go to Bonaire, I organize a BT Woodwind Sail and Snorkel so we can all meet up with each other when on island for a fun filled day! Well, this year it is even more special and I am very excited to be a part of it! When I emailed Ulf and Dee for a date, they offered to donate all proceeds from the sail to the STCB so I want to fill the boat!! They said that Mabel from the STCB will be on board to answer any questions and give the latest in turtle research and in depth knowledge of the STCB. There will also be all kinds of items on sale and possibly a raffle aboard Woodwind to help further the cause.
We all love to have those magical moments in the wild with the turtles so lets make sure that they are always there for us to enjoy!
Let's fill the boat!!

For all those that won't be in Bonaire at the time of this very special Woodwind BT Sail and Snorkel to help raise money for STCB, you can go to their website WWW.bonaireturtles.org and make a donation. The donation link is under the ACT link on the home page.

For those that are not familiar with the STCB, their web page is very informative. In brief their mission is to ensure the protection and recovery of Bonaire's sea turtle populations throughout their range. They do satellite tracking, nest monitoring, in-water surveys, sea grass protection, beach rescue, sea turtle rescue and education and training.
For those of you who don't know, the Woodwind is a trimaran that has two guided snorkel stops, snacks, lunch, drinks, beer and wine served while sailing. Dee has been changing things up a bit and going to different sites on Kline and you get to see lots of turtles! It is a really fun way to spend the day especially with a group of BT folks!! There web site is www.woodwindbonaire.com

The Date is Wednesday, March 16th from 10 AM to 3 PM. Please be at the Divi dock fifteen minutes prior to sailing. Please sign up here using the cut and paste method and I will take care of the sign up with Ulf.

Darlene and Tom Ellis

picture taken by Zsuzsanna on Woodwind

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2752) on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 12:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Durrr!!!! the cost of the trip is $50.00 per person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandy in Upstate NY (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #111) on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 1:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Phil and I are in. I can't wait!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Gallagher (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 4:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be in Bonaire that week for our first time. Please tell us more about this trip. It sounds like something we'd like to do. How much room do you have on this boat? Will this be a snorkel trip? A dive trip? A Party trip?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LaDonna * (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3846) on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 8:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darlene and Tom
Phil and Sandy
Andy and LaDonna

Jim it is a snorkel trip and it is AWESOME!!! Not sure how many fit on board the Woodwind...you can probably find that info on the website that Darlene posted above. I can tell you that the snorkeling is AMAZING, and the people are even better than the snorkeling! :)

Thanks for setting this up Darlene!!!!

LaDonna

(Message edited by bamba on January 27, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #485) on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 10:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure Woodwind can take up to about 25 persons. It's a snorkel only excursion, and it's normally a three-snorkel stop with drifts snorkels at Klein (at least for the five-hour trip). I will add on at the last minute if I find I can be away from work. I had friends here at Christmas who went on the Woodwind, and they snorkled with hundreds of turtle hatchlings!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2754) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 1:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jim
The Woodwind is a trimaran that holds 25 people. Lunch, drinks and snacks are served through out the sail. There are two and sometimes three snorkel stops. One of the stops, you will see many turtles and beautiful corals. Dee is an excellent snorkel guide. Even die-hard divers enjoy this fun filled day. I hope you can join us

Ladonna and Sandy, looking forward to seeing you soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #273) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 6:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am so sorry that I will miss this as I do not arrive until 21 March. Nevertheless i will be there in spirit!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #421) on Saturday, February 5, 2011 - 9:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Please add 5 more to your list. Corney and John, our friends Jeanne and Luigi and their friend Kemo. We are looking forward to the usual fantastic time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2757) on Saturday, February 5, 2011 - 10:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awesome Connie!!! Looking forward to seeing you all! I am getting so excited and I think it is so generous of Woodwind to donate all the proceeds to the turtles!!!

Darlene and Tom
Phil and Sandy
Andy and LaDonna
Corney and John
Luigi,Jeanne and Kemo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Gallagher (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If there is still room on the boat, please add three more to your group. Jim, Diana & Terese would like to go along. We'll be staying at Buddy Dive. Since this is our first trip to Bonaire, we'll need some info on how to find you.

Thanks for doing this and thanks for offering it to us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #351) on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 - 5:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good cause, great trip. I'm in.

Darlene and Tom
Phil and Sandy
Andy and LaDonna
Corney and John
Luigi,Jeanne and Kemo
Jim, Diana, Terese
Nathalie

Reminder: This is a copy and paste and add your name list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Gallagher (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 2:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Let's add one more.

Darlene and Tom
Phil and Sandy
Andy and LaDonna
Corney and John
Luigi,Jeanne and Kemo
Jim, Diana, Terese & Suzy
Nathalie

We are counting the days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2758) on Thursday, February 10, 2011 - 8:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Woo Hoo !! Glad you could make it Nathalie and welcome aboard Jim and friends!! The Woodwind takes off from the Divi Flamingo Resort's southern pier. The Divi is located on J A Abraham. I am not very good at directions but I think if you go straight through town and stay straight you are on J A Abraham. It is maybe a ten minute ride from Buddy Dive Resort.
I also put up a posting under the Feb March Bters link for a Bt mini meet at BobbyJans on both the Saturdays that we are there if you want to join and meet some friends then too.
Can't wait to be there!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2760) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 11:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My trip is getting closer!!!! Is any one else interested in joining us on this fun sail and snorkel for a very worthy cause????
I will check again next week before we leave. I am really getting excited now!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #281) on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 4:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You are making me so envious. Unfortunately I do not arrive in Bonaire until 21 March. The Woodwind is a trip not to be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2762) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here's a few more!!! :)
Sorry you can't make it Trevor!!

Darlene and Tom
Phil and Sandy
Andy and LaDonna
Corney and John
Luigi,Jeanne and Kemo
Nathalie
Stefan and Guni L.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #282) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 9:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Darlene I will be there in SPIRIT!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2020) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 1:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

nice turn out darlene. wish i were there. not arriving until march 26.

have a great time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2763) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 8:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Elaine! This one is for the turtles so I am hoping to fill the boat!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2766) on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 - 10:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone else want to hop on board for a good cause and a lot of fun?? I will be checking on Thursday for the last time before I leave.

Don't forget you can still make donations to STCB any time on their website WWW.bonaireturtles.org.

Darlene and Tom
Phil and Sandy
Andy and LaDonna
Corney and John
Luigi,Jeanne and Kemo
Nathalie
Stefan and Guni L.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Gallagher (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 - 5:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are soooooo looking forward to this. We get to snorkel in a beautiful place AND do some good for something other than ourselves!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2776) on Thursday, April 7, 2011 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I wanted to say thank you to Ulf and Dee for making this fund raiser possible. The crew also donated all their tips and wages for the day to the STCB. so kudos to them too. And, of course, thanks to all the BT folks that sailed and made it a successful and fun event!! We raised a few dollars shy of $900 for our turtle friends!!!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration