BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Passport Question
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Passport Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6608) on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 10:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I applied for a name change (finally!) and I'm wondering if I'll get a whole new book, or will I get my old book back? I didn't get to say goodbye to all my stamps!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1498) on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 10:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Usually you'll get either an amendment added to your book (though I don't know if this'd still be available with all the new security), or a new passport (did you pay for a new one?). If you get a new passport, your old one will be returned to you with holes punched out in the corners, so you'll still be able to see your stamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6611) on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 10:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes I had to pay for a new one, AND have it expedited. They had me send 2 new pictures so I'm assuming it'll be all new. Bummer. Good news that they'll send the old one back, though!

Thanks, Ruth!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6267) on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 11:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I got a new book..but they also sent the old book back.
They came at different times though, but I was glad not to lose the old stamps of places we have gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6612) on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 11:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just got an email message that they have processed it and it should be in my mailbox by the 6th. Sweet.

When I applied for the name change, I submitted the two new photos. The lady at the postoffice told me to STAPLE them onto the front of the application because it said "affix photo here". I wondered if that was right but did it BECAUSE SHE SAID SO. Then, lo and behold, I get it all back from the passport agency because the pictures arrived in "damaged condition". Well of course they were damaged, they were stapled! So I had to go get two more photos taken, and do it all over again. I've not really gotten over my bitterness yet.. lol.

So, finally it'll be here. No more worrying. Now, just packing. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6268) on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 12:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad it all worked out..you will forget it all once you trip has begun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2848) on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 - 4:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

kelly, just wondering...what did you change your name to? you should have asked me...i have dozens of suggestions. some were pretty catchy, some bordered on illegal. all would have gotten attention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6625) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 10:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pat, I changed it to Mona Lott.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4266) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 12:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did you staple it through your forehead? Did you go back to the women who told you to affix them? I know that the use digital photos now in your passports. I wonder why they still ask for two since they scan it in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6627) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 12:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No, it was stapled as far on the side as I could get it.... what a weird experience. When I went back to the post office to resend it, that woman wasn't there. But just to make myself feel better, I give the building the finger as I drive by.

BUT, yesterday I got my passport!!!! Woo hoo ! I sent Stephanie a picture of it and she said I looked like a murderer, but with makeup. THAT'S nice, Steph...... hey, ya can sure count on your kids to be honest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2852) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 1:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

kelly, that's a good one too. i was thinking along the lines of bonnie parker, patty hearst, amanda hugginkiss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6629) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 5:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My "bar name" used to be Jackie Kennedy. lol.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration