BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Guilder question
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Guilder question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burt F. Witlin (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 12:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry to be posting so many questions.

When I go to somewhere that has a different currency I always bring back some coins to remember the trip. Since Bonaire is now using US dollars am I going to have a hard time finding some guilder coins? If so I will email Coco Palm Garden and see if they can save some for me to buy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #173) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 1:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have about 35 dollars in guilders from last years trip......obviously they will be no good to me for my february trip,I could give you some!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MadMan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #237) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 7:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

they will still be good at least to februari

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #174) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 8:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I didnt think you could use them or change them after january?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley - Coco Palm Garden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #930) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 9:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can pay with Guilders in the shops till Jan 31 ... and than till end June (or was it July ??) Guilders can be changed at the banks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #476) on Thursday, January 6, 2011 - 7:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

the antillean guilder is still used in Curacao ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4240) on Thursday, January 6, 2011 - 12:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

After Jan the bank will still accept them but you will pay a fee to change them to dollars. It is not very big charge.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration