BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Wireless internet access
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Wireless internet access
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cassie (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 8:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, we just arrived to Bonaire and are wondering if there is a way to connect wireless to the internet with our laptop. In Europe you can get e.g. an internet USB sticks for it, but so far we are out of luck finding them here.
Thanks for any advice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #750) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 8:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If your laptop has wireless capability, you can purchase minutes at most resorts. City Cafe has wireless facilities if you just want to be by the bar.

If you are after a dongle, I would assume that a cellphone store would be your best bet. Try Digicel in Playa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #367) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 9:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Go see Michael Gaynor at Chat 'n Browse on the north roundabout. He will set you up and you will be VERY happy with the connection. Cheaper than the per day fees at the resorts and more reliable connection, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #456) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 1:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I second Michael at Chat n Browse. Super reliable wifi and very reasonably priced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By YucatanPat (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #496) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 2:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I third Michael!

http://www.chatnbrowse.com/index.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cassie (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 2:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all your replies. Just in case somebody stumbles over this thread, I wanted to do an update:
Yes, I was looking for a dongle so that I could go online with my laptop somewhere on the island e.g. my house. So, I went to Chat 'n Browse and the lady there told me that 'yes, MIO supplies them with these dongles, but there had been a software problem with the dongles so they had to return them to MIO, Curacao. That was three months ago and up to now they did not get them back serviced.' So, unfortunately a no-go. Looks like I will have to use their, or another ones, internet cafe for now. Thanks again!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration