BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Kralendijk Belnem Distance
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Kralendijk Belnem Distance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burt F. Witlin (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Monday, January 3, 2011 - 7:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If I'm staying in Coco Palm Gardens (Belnem) and get there about 8:15 pm on a Tuesday will there be anything open within walking distance where I can buy some groceries at that time? Also, how far a walk is it to Kralendijk from there? Would it be possible to walk to somewhere in Kralendijk at that time and get groceries or something to eat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #30385) on Monday, January 3, 2011 - 7:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rent a car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fid Chinoy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #269) on Monday, January 3, 2011 - 7:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There were some people walking just south of the gas station today and I am surprised they did not get run over (I am assuming they didn't). There is no shoulder to walk on, so you are pretty much on the very narrow road with the cars. Walking at night would definitely be hazardous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1452) on Monday, January 3, 2011 - 9:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No, no grocery stores open that late, except for the two 7-11 type stores (one at Bonaco Gas, formerly Lisa Gas, the other near the big church in town). You are not within walking distance of any food, except maybe Roomer's (but I wouldn't walk that road at night; no sidewalks, very dark, etc.). Almost all restaurants are open till at least 10pm, but you'd need a car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Matthew White (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #140) on Monday, January 3, 2011 - 10:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Burt:
If you do not have transportation staying in Belnem it will be best to bring what you will need for the first night. I would consider a form of transportation other than walking. If you can only go with a bike or moped; daytime would be the best time to travel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ppartlo (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, January 3, 2011 - 11:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Staying in Belnem = rent a car. That simple. 10 min drive to Kralendijk...7 mins to main grocery stores. Wouldn't even think about walking. Belnem is a great residential area (where we stay all the time), but relatively speaking, a ways from anything. On the good side, you can definitely walk to the beach! (Bachelor or Windsock)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1858) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 1:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i believe if u contact renee of renee snorkle she will shop for u and have it delivered to co co palms by the time u get there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #454) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 2:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Renee is awesome and will have your kitchen fully stocked before you arrive and for a very reasonable fee.

www.bonairepersonalshopper.com for more info.

We are very happy clients of Renee's personal shopping service. In fact, I just emailed her my list today for our arrival next weekend. it is really nice to arrive at your accommodations and have cold Polars waiting in the fridge for you. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burt F. Witlin (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I rented a truck but it's being delivered the morning of the 11th. I didn't want to pay for an extra day and only have use for a few hours. I will contact Renee and get something that I can cook for that night. Thanks to all that answered. I would have starved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6190) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 11:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is a very small store close to Plaza..Jokes? Not sure if it is still open or what are their hours. Across from Belmar there is a hotel with a bar and restaurant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bea and Marvin Jones (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #185) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 11:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cocoa Palms might also stock your unit - for a fee. You might ask.

Bea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2823) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 3:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

as far as i know, joke's is still open. but it's not a whole lot closer than warehouse. i wouldn't hesitate to walk from coco palms to roomer (across from belmar) but as others have said, walking from town on EEG Blvd after dark is dangerous (and not a whole lot safer in the day).

when we first bought our place there we considered using bicycles for everything. but i changed my mind after seeing how fast the traffic goes on EEG. there is no way i'd ride a bike or walk there after dark.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration