BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Jumbo coffee available in Canada?
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Jumbo coffee available in Canada?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ppartlo (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, January 2, 2011 - 8:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My wife has become addicted to the vacum packed Jumbo decaf coffee available at Warehouse....

Anyone know if this "drug" can be purchased in Canada so she doesn't go into withdrawal???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1453) on Monday, January 3, 2011 - 9:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jumbo is a grocery store chain from Holland; "Jumbo" brand products are their generics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumbo_(supermarket)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ppartlo (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Monday, January 3, 2011 - 11:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yep, realize that. Still curious if it's available elsewhere. BTW, the Wiki link referenced is about Jumbo the Elephant....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1455) on Monday, January 3, 2011 - 11:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I went back twice to copy the link, but notice above the last word, (supermarket), doesn't connect like it should. You might have better luck finding Douwe Egberts coffee--I believe it's what Jumbo is imitating. DE coffee is what's in the Senseo coffee pods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ppartlo (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 12:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Perfect! Thank you Ruth. That will make the search easier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #843) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 12:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The link Ruth wanted is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumbo_%28supermarket%29

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie................someoneisawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15421) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 5:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can order DE online :)

http://www.decoffeecompany.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #473) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 8:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

on all the JUMBO products customer service info is given: Jumbo Supermarkten, Veghel www.jumbosupermarkten.nl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #897) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 11:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi
Judging by this link it seems Jumbo is exclusive to the Netherlands.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumbo_(supermarket)
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ppartlo (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 12:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The DE site mentioned by Freddie looks very promising. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie................someoneisawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15423) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 1:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have ordered from them easy peasy :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By nestor kopko (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #171) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 8:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is a Dutch grocery store down the road from our home. I will stop by to see if they have any there. I have to get a few things for our friends in Raleigh. She loves the Dutch candy she cannot get in the U.S. Will let you know in a day or two. I know they have a website to make orders if required. What part of Canada are you located. We live in southern ontario, near St. Catharines

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ppartlo (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 - 9:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Nestor. Let me know. We're close to Calgary. The DE website seems to be aimed at US residents only, but I have an email in to their customer service folks.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration