BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Hash House Harriers
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2010: Archives 09-01-10 to 11-30-10: Hash House Harriers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By NickB (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 6:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all

Can anyone tell me if the Hash House Harriers exist on Bonaire? I found some old messages on here (several months ago) but nothing recent.

Thanks for any help.

NickB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie................someoneisawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15101) on Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 6:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Trevor can answer that for you NickB, I am sure he will see the title thread and your post..

Welcome to BonaireTalk :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Truesdell(Bellafonte condos) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #117) on Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 7:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Nick Look in this addition of the Bonaire Reporter under clubs and meetings. I think it has meeting times and a phone #.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #239) on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 3:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will be back on Bonaire from 31 October until 14 December and will be organising one or two during that period. Although a regular add appears in the Bonaire Reporter, I do not think a hash as such takes place. I will make some enquires so let's keep the thread going. On On to the Bonaire Flamingo Hash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (BonaireTalker - Post #38) on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 10:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Forgive my ignorance, but who/what are Hash House Harriers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #240) on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 10:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jeff The Hash House Harriers is a world wide 'drinking club with a running propblem'. It is basically a fun club where you do not have to be a super athlete. You follow a trail laid by the hare(s) and eventually, after doing false trails and check backs, you arrive at a beer stop for either beer, water, soft drink. Then follow another trail back to the start for some more drinks, called 'down downs' and some laughs. Many clubs then go somewhere for a cheap meal. I hope that helps. Trevor (Lee Marvin)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3286) on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jeff. You may want to try googling them. here's an interesting site..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #241) on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 1:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Vince That is a very good comprehensive and accurate account of hashing. Thank you very much. Are you on Bonaire and have you ever hashed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (BonaireTalker - Post #39) on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 3:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Trevor and Vince, for the information on Hash House Harriers. Vince, the website is fascinating. Whoda thought!?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #242) on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 3:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Red Dress Runs are always good fun and often for charity. Four of us in Sain have hand made Flamenco dresses, which we wear with the red Spanish hats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3287) on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 6:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No I never have. But I just might next time I'm on island. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #248) on Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 8:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We're back. There will be a hash house harriers meeting next Wednesday on Bonaire. It will probably be starting at 5pm but I still to plan the run, so I will publish the starting point very soon. But please make and entry in your diaries, tell friends,brush up you trainers, but more importantly start training by drinking a few beers. Don't forget this is a kennel of the world wide 'drinking club with a running problem'. There will be four members of the Malaga House House Harries, Spain, attending. Hope to see you there. On On Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #249) on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 9:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Come and have fun with the Bonaire Flamingo Hash House Harriers on Wednesday 17 November 2010. Watch this space for more details.
On On. Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #250) on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 8:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What? No hashers or 'virgin' hashers around at the moment. I will personally sponsor all 'virgin' hashers. Come on, you do not know what you are missing. On On Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Truesdell(Bellafonte condos) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #123) on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 10:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Virgin ? here I am . Will be on island 20th. and would like to try the hashers out. Looks as this is world wide spectator sport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonaire Tiki Girl aka Cindi (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 12:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lee Marvin,

Five of the regular Bonaire Hashers including Madame Flash and Crusher plan to attend, we are all awaiting the starting point.

On On. Low Down

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna Van House (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 11:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We'll be in Bonaire with several other hashers Nov 26 - Dec 1. Are there any hashes planned during that time period?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #251) on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 8:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is looking good for the next few weeks.
Donna, I am on the island until 15 December so it will not be difficult to organise another 'run' whilst you are here. Who do you normally hash with, and how many of you are there likely to be.
On On. Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna Van House (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 10:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The five of us that are hashers live in the Atlanta area (Atlanta, Pine lake and various other hashes in the area.) Our sixth person, from Canada isn't a hasher, but is probably willing to try it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Maxwell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 12:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lee Marvin from Malaga! You sure do get around. I'm another one of the five from Atlanta, and I'd love to do a hash with you guys while we're there.

Is this info up to date? The last time we were in Bonaire the half-mind site said the hash was defunct.

http://half-mind.com/regionalwebsite/p_list1.php?country=NETHERLANDS%20ANTILLES

Larry aka Big Bore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shane McWhorter (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 12:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Addition to Donna's post:

We can be contacted at the Bel-Mar Bonaire, +(599) 717 7878, 25 November - 2 December; we've set several hashes in Bonaire over the past many years; perhaps we can offer a co-hare.

The "sixth" NFHN person has been hashing many times; he may be in for a Flamingo Hash naming!

On-on to Inter-Americas Hash in Savannah, Georgia USA 7-10 October 2011, Just a Little Southern Hashpitality

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #252) on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 1:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tooth Fairy from Savannah stayed with me in Spain after I had met him at a Tampa camping hash. It looks as if there could be some good Flamingo Hashes in the next few weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #253) on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 1:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Big Bore. About a years or so ago Madam Flash (Edmonton, Canada) and I (re) established the Flamingo Hash. Madam Flash is the 'resident' hasher and I come and go. It has never really taken off as much as I thought it would. On ON Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #254) on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 8:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The next meeting of the Bonaire Flamingo Hash House Harriers will be at 5pm Wednesday 17 November starting across from Napa Auto Supplies and Bobbejan's. Cost 5 NAF towards the drinks etc. Hash Virgins FREE. Come and enjoy the fun. See you there. On On Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Maxwell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 9:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I believe the Tampa Campout is where I met you as well, Lee. Got your card in my file of hash cards.

on on to Bonaire in only 10 days!

Larry aka Big Bore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #255) on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 8:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Larry It would be great if you could provide a hare for a run whilst you are here. On On Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #256) on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 9:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tonight's the night, come rain or shine.
Bonaire Flamingo Hash 5pm near Napa Auto Parts. Come and join us. Then to Paradise Moon at it's new location for an extended happy hour. On On Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #257) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 8:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

A great hash last night for the 11 that turned up, including four virgin hashers.. Weather was kind to us so that was an added bonus. Christenings for Road Kill and No Knickers Cinders. Then a nice On ON to Paradise Moon for happy hour and some really good food. Thank you Pam and Carl. On ON Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #258) on Friday, November 19, 2010 - 7:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Donna Any thought on what would be the best day for the hash. We tend to start at 5pm on a Wednesday.
On On Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna Van House (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 12:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll let the hares Big Bore and Sp*rmier answer that for sure, but Wed., December 1 should work for us as it's out last day there, so no diving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Maxwell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 12:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I believe when I mentioned this to Spe*mier he said "sure"--and Wed. Dec. 1 makes sense, as Slippery, er, Donna said.

on on,

Big Bore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #259) on Monday, November 22, 2010 - 7:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So it's OFFICIAL. The next Bonaire Flamingo Hash Harriers Meeting will be on Wednesday 1 December. Watch this space for tine and place. For all hashers and potential virgin hashers on Bonaire on that date you now have just over a week of training. Don't overdo it. A couple of beers a day and a steady walk so you will be in peek form for 1 December.
On On
Lee Marvin
P.S. Big Bore. I assume you are divers. I am looking for a buddy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Maxwell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 10:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lee: All six of us are divers, and you're welcome to join us. Tim and Donna have already arrived in Bonaire and are at the Belmar, as Shane (Dr Doo Doo) mentioned above. The other four of us arrive on Thursday. The Dec. 1 hash works out well for us, since we leave Bonaire the next day and won't be doing any more diving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #260) on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 8:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Larry I went to Belmar today to contact Donna and Tim but I was told that you ALL don't arrive until Thursday. Where are they staying as I would love to contact them. Or have I used the wrong names Tim and Donna.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Island Girl (BonaireTalker - Post #36) on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 6:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Trevor--

Tim & Donna came by the restaurant looking for you. They are staying at the Bellafonte in room 203. They would like to dive with you on Wednesday. Give them a call at Bellafonte or email her (although they were having some internet issues) yesterday.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Maxwell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 10:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oops. Yeah, we're only in the Belmar as of tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #262) on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 7:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just a reminder the next Bonaire Flamingo HHH will be next Wednesday at a time and place still to be published. Six hashers are here from Atlanta, two of whom will lay the trail. It is going to be a good hash with plenty of fun. Come and join us.
Lost souls can call Lee Marvin on 7888005 for more information.
On ON. Lee Marvin
Big Bore - Please contact me or Dee to confirm Woodwind trip that we discussed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #263) on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 4:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unfortunately I deleted the e-mail I received about a hash in January/February. Can you send it again please. On On Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #264) on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 9:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Freddie I have replied to you. On ON Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 9:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all,

My girlie and I are coming into Bonaire for a week of diving, 11-18 December 2010, both of us are named hashers. Any chance of there being a hash r*n during this time? We'd love to meet up with some of the locals. We're staying at Buddy Dive and have a truck for transportation.
On-On!

Hot Semen Saver
Nine Inch Nailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #265) on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 12:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tomorrow's the day. The Bonaire Flamingo Hash House Harriers will meet at 5pm Wednesday 1 December at Bel Mar Apartments. Come and enjoy the fun. The trail will be set by hashers from Atlanta and we know there will be some 'virgin' hashers joining us. Afterwards we will be going to Paradise Moon for the extended Happy Hour. See you there. On On Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #267) on Thursday, December 2, 2010 - 10:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you all who supported the hash last night. It was great and the weather was kind to us. There were 19 of us, including 4 virgins. The six from Atlanta made it a very successful evening by not only providing the hares and entertaining us in the circle at the end,but giving us all an inflatable flamingo beer cooler and large on, 'Floyd' as the mascot. Thank you all and have A SAFE JOURNEY HOME. WE are trying to organise another hash for next Wednesday.
On On Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #268) on Thursday, December 2, 2010 - 10:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Pam and everybody at Paradise Moon for an enjoyable On After.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Island Girl (BonaireTalker - Post #37) on Thursday, December 2, 2010 - 10:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Trevor, it was great as usual. If anyone has pictures, if they would send them to me it would be great to add to our website. It was a fun group of peeps!! Enjoyed it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Thursday, December 2, 2010 - 9:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Any plans to hash between 11-18 December? We'll be visiting and would love to hash Bonaire style!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna Van House (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Friday, December 3, 2010 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just wanted to thank Trevor and Marian for the warm welcome, fabulous company and all of the help with the hash! Thanks also for everyone that came out to the trail Wed. night 1 December and to Paradise Moon for the lovely on-after! We had a great time and hope to see you all again!
Slippery When Wet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #269) on Saturday, December 4, 2010 - 1:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

HI Jeff. At the end of the hash last Wednesday I asked if there would be support for a run next Wednesday, thinking at the time you would be here.
I see you do not arrive until the 11th, so there is no point us having the run on Wednesday.
I leave on 14 December so if any local hashers want to set a run during your visit, that would be great.
Madam Flash and others. Any volunteers please.
On On Lee Marvin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #270) on Saturday, December 4, 2010 - 1:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Donna. Many thanks. Glad you got back safely. On ON Lee Marvin

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration