BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Where is the best fishing spots in Bonaire?
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2002-01-01 to 2002-03-26: Where is the best fishing spots in Bonaire?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pamela Lee on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 9:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My husband Ray and I will be making our first trip to Bonaire on March 16. We are counting the days and hours. I have really enjoyed this website. Lots of useful information and interesting conversations. I think my husband was born with a fishing pole in one hand and a snorkel in the other. He never leaves home without his fishing poles and tackle box. When we travel I am allowed one small suitcase to make sure we have room for all his fishing gear. I haven't seen many messages on fishing. So I need some advice on best places to fish, fishing charters or any other useful infomation. Anything would be appreciated. He needs to know what type of fishing gear to pack and I need to know how much room in the suitcase I have.
Thanks a bunch.
Pamela Lee (no not that one, I had the name long before she did)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 11:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

See http://www.BonaireFishing.com for an overview of Bonaire fishing and links to some operators (I've gone out with both Multifish and Piscatur, and both are good).

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SCOTT KURZ on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 6:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My first trip to down will be in July. I am also looking to spend a day fishing. I have only found information on four charters.
http://www.infobonaire.com/html/fishing.html

I own a 25' Key Largo that is kept in Panama City, Florida so I get to spend plenty of time reef and inshore fishing. I want to spend the day trolling for bill fish and large Dolphin (Dorado). Any info on who is best suited for this is appreciated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 9:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've used both Multifish and Piscatur, and both have done well by me.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Deal on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 12:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have fished with Piscatur for several years, in January, and concur with Jake...catch usually is wahoo, as it is generally too early for marlin then...never have lucked into big dorado at that time, though they are around.
Chris has always been good about answering questions by e-mail about what might be running at any time of the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SCOTT KURZ on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 3:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I sent Chris an Email to arrange for a trip. I will be in Bonaire July 8-15. If a group of 3 or less is interested in sharing a full day trip let me know.

Thanks for the prior info - Scott

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration