BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Slide presentations
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2001-07-02 to 2001-12-31: Slide presentations
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By freda armstrong on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 6:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our 5th Bonaire trip is fast approaching...Jan 7th and we will have many "first-timers" with us. I'd like to make sure that we get to view the slide presentations at the various resorts. I believe there is a schedule: Jim Brandon from Sand#, Dee Scarr from Habitat, and I know there are others. Does anyone know their schedule? We will be there for a month this time and I don't want to miss ANYTHING!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 6:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Check http://www.bonairereporter.com for current weekly schedules. You may have to subscribe...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kay Powers on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 2:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I attended the one at the Divi last Tuesday evening and it was wonderful. Call the dive shop and they can tell you what night it will be while you are there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mimi greenberg on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 3:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kay is so right about the Divi slide show. One one of the divemaster's is an excellent photographer and has captured some spectacular critters & scenery. Should be on everyone's "must do" list. Although i haven't attended any of the other slide shows on Bonaire, i think it would be hard to top this one.
mimi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By freda armstrong on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 4:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Jake and Kay. I went to the bonaire reporter and printed their schedule of shows. Divi wasn't lister, Kay, so I added it to my list. I do a lot of uw photography but I love to see other presentations and always learn something new.

Right now I'm trying to work my way back to a post which I found yesterday to Andrew Keely from David Colvard, about the fiasco at the Flamingo Airport on leaving Bonaire. Re knives, etc. This really concerns me as of course we have dive knives, but I also take kitchen knives with me when we stay in a condo. And a friend who will be with us, and myself, carve. We are intending to take our carving tools as it's a pretty portable craft and there is always lots of driftwood to be found. Now? I'm not so sure. Maybe I'll mail them home?

Thanks again, guys, for the help on the slide shows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By freda armstrong on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 4:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oops! Sorry, Jake, I just found yet another reference to the security/checked baggage issue. So disregard that last paragraph!
Freda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kay Powers on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 8:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freda,

I flew Air Jamaica and had no problems whatsoever. The divemaster at the Divi that does the slide show is Lutty DePalm. You can view some of his photography at www.fragileocean.com.
Check out his photos..they are breathtaking. If you do attend the slide show tell him that Kay in Louisiana says hello. Be sure to tell him the Boudreaux butt paste is on its way!! Have a great trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Botsford on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 10:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Boudreaux butt paste? Nope, don't ask and then you don't have to know.

But I have to know...what is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kay Powers on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 3:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmmmm...Are you familiar with the Boudreaux and Thibodeaux jokes? For a little history go to www.dogris.com/bj/

Sometime ago they came out with the boudreaux butt paste for diaper rash. So it's kind of the cajun joke! Anyway much to my surprise Lutty living on Bonaire was very familiar with the boudreaux and thibodeaux jokes. He wasn't aware of the butt paste so I told him on my next trip i was bringing him some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 3:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very interesting, to say the least! I am not familiar with the jokes, but will hop over to the website now to check them out. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kay Powers on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 8:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

To view the boudreaux product go to www.happybabyproducts.com/boudbutpas.html

This stuff really works..... :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration