BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Halloween Pictures
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2001-07-02 to 2001-12-31: Halloween Pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 - 11:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok....send your best Halloween pictures....of course you have the option to pass or play....
halloween pictures heres a few....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 - 11:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can you guess....Mime in the first one...and hard boiled egg in the last.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hazel Scharosch on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 10:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, Meryl - I predict this will become a rather long thread! Here is one of my favorites:
corn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 10:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great Hazel! have to send that to a few friends!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 11:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have a mini Halloween here. Corine loves Halloween and organizes Trick-o-Treat downtown with the local businesses. I think she said there were 40 kids last year.

Here are my kids from 1999
kids

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 11:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

hallo 2
This is Steve...I have one of both of us as parrots....have to find it...digging everywhere....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 11:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda,,,,they are adorable! I wasn't sure if Bonarie celebrated or not.....thats alot of kids...we hardly get any trick or treaters where we live...but the candy never goes to waste..(it does go to the waist though!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 11:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The plan this year is Yana as a butterfly and Bas as a pirate - patch and sword. I've been teaching him "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 1:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

looking forward to those picture's!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hazel Scharosch on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 2:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda - I think your kids win the "cutest kids" contest hands down! The look on Bas's face is priceless! Can't wait to see this year's batch of pictures. 1,halloween

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 2:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hallo 3
found it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 2Nancys on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 10:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is the last time I got dressed up for Halloween. About 5 years ago before I got 'fluffy'!
halloween.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 4:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great thread Meryl...I will have to do some diggin. Thanks Linda...after our visit to Disneyland last weekend, I finally got that pirate song out of my head, now it is back!

Nancy, I got fluffy too...how does that happen anyway???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 10:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Fluff is good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 2Nancys on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 1:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry about the size of the pic.. thought I had trimmed it down. Well, fluff is good if you live in a frozen waste land.. blubber & all that. However, it's the pits when snorkeling. Every time I tried to dive down, I would float right back to the surface. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 11:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are we done with the Halloween pictures!....come on...we still have two days to go.....you guys have to have more than that...were is your spirit! when in doubt just put on a sheet or something....Maybe just our most bizarre pants.....Come on...we have alot of holidays yet to come...and we have to start this spirit thing now....hmmmmm what do you say.....I can be humored very easily.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 8:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Halloween trick-o-treating begins at 4:45pm on Wednesday in Kralendijk. We'll update you with pics of ghouls and ghosties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Linda! Looking forward to seeing them! Hope the kids have fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

1,last one
don't know if this is gonna work...scanner acting up.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 4:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

last one
this is last years pic's...I'm the witch and Steve is the nasty looking gal with her leg up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cathy Bennett on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 8:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our dive club celebrates by doing an underwater pumpkin carving contest. Lots of fun. Sorry I have no pictures just video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 8:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are having our office halloween party tomorrow, and I will post my "alter ego."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Go Cynde! will be waiting ! have a good party....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rusty Clark on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 9:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My favorite Halloween decoration!

pumpkin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 2Nancys on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 10:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Fun thread.. love that pumpkin! Happy Halloween everyone.. Today is my Grandson's birthday (12). He hates having his birthday on Halloween, because every one calls him a little devil.. not me of course! He is a perfect angel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 11:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rusty...great one...have to remember that for next years pumpkin! 2Nancys Happy birthday to your little angel....He'll enjoy his birthday more in the future....Happy Halloween all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Baker on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My birthday was yesterday, I like having my birthday close to halloween. I tell everyone "Thats were I get my good looks from".

Aquaman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hazel Scharosch on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 1:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here are a few from Red Creek School - more later today. Yes, it is insane to try to teach school on Halloween!!
katlyn lauren
travis tyler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linnea Wimberly on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 4:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rusty, it looks like your jack-o was drinking some of Cynde's demented beer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rusty Clark on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 5:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah - poor JACKO can't handle that stuff anymore. He's a lightweight. :)

Hazel: Great costumes on the kids - congratulate them all! I remember First Grade when my mother made me a satin dress with seed pearls and a hoop skirt (a hula hoop provided the wide hem) and when we paraded from classroom to classroom I couldn't fit between between the desks as we passed up and down the aisles - so I had to tip it to one side and show my KNICKERS! Good thing she made me fancy knickers! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By sherry baker on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 5:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

HAZEL, tells the kids i think they look wonderful.
hope they have a great trick or treat night.

bubbles cant wait to see them in person again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 6:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hazel...the kid's look great! very well done costumes...hope you had a great day...it's good to be a kid on Halloween! I'm sure you had a "productive"day!
Rusty...sorry to hear about the Hula skirt...what possessed her?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 6:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh Barry...happiest of Birthdays!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 6:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Happy Birthday Barry!
Rusty, so that is what happended to all my delerium tremmons beer!
Hazel, tell the kids they look great!

Here I am...who am I (Rusty already figured it out)...
cam.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 7:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

These next pics aren't the best, but one gal went as buffy, and another as a flower child, so of course when the frolicing was all over, we had to try on each others wigs!
cam.jpg
cam.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hazel Scharosch on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 7:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, all! Cynde Lee, are you Mary Ann?? Nice idea. Here are two final pics from Red Creek School. Happy Haunting!
John scool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 7:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hazel...looks like you guys had a wonderful day....
Cynde, Maryann,Buffy, and flower child...Ugh! you look maaavvvalous....
Thanks for the pictures....made my Halloween~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 2Nancys on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 8:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hazel, the kids look great. We get no kids here trick or treating. I'm always so disappointed. I buy candy every time and end up eating it myself. :-{
Here is 1Nancy's brother-in-law. His daughter owns a Halloween store in CA. The second picture is him, his daughter and some of the folks that work at the store. Just had to post them.
Happy Birthday Barry! Happy Halloween everyone else. Hope your day was filled with treats!
bobghoul.jpg
haloweengroup.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 8:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK, here is our office, our Art Director put us all together!
cam.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkelguy on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 11:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This year's models, courtesy of Snorkel Guy & Caribbean Lover!

boo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 9:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here are the Bonaire Trick-or-Treaters:
group
And our fearless (or should that be fear-inducing for Halloween) leader, Corine. She contacts the merchants every year to have them participate with treats for the children. My kids call her the 'Witch lady'.
Corine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 9:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And you have to see my adorable duo!
Yana
Yana
Bas
Bas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 10:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And who did we run into while trick-or-treating?
Who?
Martin and friend
They will be stopping by Monday afternoon for their web appearances.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By sherry baker on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 11:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

linda,i totally enjoyed the photos. your children are just adorable. my grandsons were both vampires this year. the kids, and those of us who cant grow up, all have so much fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hazel Scharosch on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 12:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Super pictures, Linda! Corine makes a beautiful witch. What a great job she did for those cute kids! Thanks for posting Martin's pic - made me smile, even without his tiara!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 1:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda, thanks for posting the pics! Yana and Bas are still my favorites :-)...as for Martin...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 2:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for sharing Linda...the kids looked great! Thats a pretty impressive turn out! Hi to Martin and friend...hope they are enjoying themselves...looking forward to the web cam pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rusty Clark on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 7:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Excellent Pumpkins, Snork! We didn't do any this year - so we enjoyed yours vicariously - thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 2Nancys on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 1:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm a little late looking at the last postings on this thread. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the pictures of the kids. I love the dress up part of Halloween. The kids (or parents?) are often so inventive!
Thanks for the pics all

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration