BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Bonaire Mail Delivery
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2004-09-01 to 2004-12-31: Bonaire Mail Delivery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Whitney (BonaireTalker - Post #37) on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 3:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I need to send a small package to Bonaire and wonder what is the best way (post office, FED EX, etc.) and how long I should expect it to take. Enclosed in the package will be a CDROM with digital photos so I am also wondering if the CDROM can be damaged with any package scanning that may be done.

Thanks for any information you can provide...
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2087) on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 4:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, if it needs to get there very quickly, you might want to ask if anyone would be willing to take it for you, and you could mail it to that person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Whitney (BonaireTalker - Post #38) on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 6:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly
Thanks for the idea. I would rather mail directly if it will get there by the end of the month...
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (BonaireTalker - Post #47) on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 6:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, I have sent small packages to friends on Bonaire in the past. I've used the postal service and they arrived in good shape. I think I used "Priority Mail" or a version of air mail. Ask your post office. It was not terribly expensive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1851) on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 7:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have a mail box in Miami which sends small packages daily to Curacao thenon the Bonaires. (check out www.skymail.us). There is a minimum charge of 2 lbs. plus duty if any and tax. If you wish, I will give you the address and you can send it. e mail me at chatnbrowse.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise Rozario (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 8:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

.... I leave MIA next Friday the 10th. If you care to mail it to me I'll happily hand-carry. Email me directly if you're interested.
Louise

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #430) on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 10:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Actually Tom we just mailed a box that weighed 6.5 lbs and was not that big via EMS (a form of Global Express with the USPS). They guarantee 5 day delivery (yea, let us see). It was expensive $48.00 US. If you try and send regular postal mail, you are looking at anywhere between 2-6 weeks I think. I highly recommend you send it down with someone. Probably the safest and cheapest.

Liz

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration