BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Arriving on Bonaire on Thurs....hopefully!
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2004-09-01 to 2004-12-31: Arriving on Bonaire on Thurs....hopefully!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Palacios (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, September 7, 2004 - 3:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My wife and I are due to arrive on Bonaire on Thur, our first trip. Hopefully "Ivan" dosen't cause us problems in Montego Bay. Any idea if Ivan will affect Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Tuesday, September 7, 2004 - 4:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ken, I asked the same question in the last thread and was told that the surf and surge has not been affected by the hurricanes in the area. My family will be on Bonaire Sept 15 for 10 day's. The storm predictions say that Ivan should be close to Jamacia on Friday so you will fly around it on your way to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pauline Kayes (BonaireTalker - Post #34) on Tuesday, September 7, 2004 - 4:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

See thread in Everything Else under Hurricane Ivan. Bonaire is now under a Hurricane Watch with the storm expected tomorrow (Wed). If you check out its satellite images at Weather.com you can see how huge it is. It is also projected to become a category 4 as it exits Tobago, Grenada, etc. and heads west. supposedly it is packing winds now of 130 mph and dumping 7 inches of rain. Since I have a house on Bonaire, I am praying that the eye passes well North and only some of the bands hit Bonaire. So I guess travel just depends on how much of the hurricane Bonaire sees and how much damage occurs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee (Moderator - Post #32) on Tuesday, September 7, 2004 - 5:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ken, I've moved your thread to "Everything Else" as this is where the discussions on Ivan are taking place. Good Luck!

Cynde

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration