BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: A trio of odd questions
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2002-12-02 to 2003-04-29: A trio of odd questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe brannan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, March 2, 2003 - 10:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Off to Bonaire on 3/20 for my first visit and I have a couple of questions.

1. We're smokers (wife and I) and I was wondering if you could purchase an adequate supply of smokes at duty free in Miami or Jamaica (mucho cheaper than in Arizona where we live) and declare the excess (I believe you're allowed one carton per person and we're going to be there for three weeks, so our needs will exceed that amount). Does anhybody have any idea of what the duties are on cigs or if we just blindly walk through customs with our cigs.

2. We're both voracious vacation readers (VVR) and we really don't wanna waste luggage space on books. Are there good book trade places on the island that we can replenish our paperbacks as we finish them.

3. Staying at Lagoen Hills and will be looking for dive budy (i'm AOW/Nitrox Cert), so if there's anybody in the same situation that'll be there let me know thru posting here.

Thanks for all (this is a righteous bulletin board)

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob neer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #793) on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 2:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

hey joe,

i just get the feeling that they would not say much if you showed up with a few extra cigarettes or bottles of liquor...

i'm gonna due my nitrox class during your stay - maybe i'll be available as a buddy...we can dive and talk about QUITTING smoking!!!

(how's your bottom time?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1623) on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 7:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great book exchange at Sand Dollar Grocery as well as access to Lovers Ice cream and also the Islands only Barefoot Internet stop! Just a few minutes from where you are staying. Generally there is no problem if you bring in a few cartons of cigs....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe brannan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Monday, March 3, 2003 - 8:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

To Bob

My bottom time..........I've never run out of air while I'm down. Seriouwly, not really great not really air hog (I am a middle aged somewhat overweight american for whatever that means), though I've not dove since last october (life's a dog away from warm water). I don't have to go deepest or stay longest and I'm most willing to look at all kinds of stuff (budding macrophotographer since I'm bringing new lenses with) on the way. Let me know here if your interested in maybe meeting to tell dive lies and let me take advantage of your bonaire experience (first-timer)

Oh yeah, I'm a recovering state employee (tex and az) as well

talk to ya
joe

I have a small problem with parentheses as well (the art of tangental thought)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration