BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Everything Else Bonaire: Missing a memory card? Found one!
Bonaire Talk: Everything Else Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2004: Archives - 2002-12-02 to 2003-04-29: Missing a memory card? Found one!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wim van de Pol (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 1:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We were on Bonaire last week. In our rental car we discovered a memory card for a digital camera, probably forgotten by an earlier user of the car. Actually, it may have been put there by someone. When we were diving at Red Slave, our car was searched, they took some coins from my shorts. After that, we discovered the memory card. We're not sure whether is was there before Red Slave. Might be reversed thievery..!
Anyhow: who is missing a memory card, or knows someone who is? Send me details, and I will put it on the post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy P (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #123) on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 5:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi

Just a suggestion, you might want to also post this info (along with the rental car agency name) at the Rodales website. I would NOT specify the exact type of memory card or capapcity to prevent petty thievery.

http://www.scubadiving.com/talk/list.php?f=1

Many of the visitors to Bonaire also post there and could have a lead as to the owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Liz Ginocchio (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #108) on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 10:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Get our of here! Who did you rent from? Don't tell me AB Carrental! Ed and I were in Bonaire Sep/Oct 2002 and lost our 32 mgb memory card. Didn't realize it until we got back to States and started up packing. Oh my, this would be an incredible find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #106) on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 6:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good thing it wasn't mine or you would know the truth behind Wally and the giant blue phone (as seen in Wally and Eva's random trip report).
Oh my!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Botsford (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #217) on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 7:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz, that would be just too cool, I have my fingers crossed for you...just on edge waiting to hear from Wim van de Pol...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Lott (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #252) on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 12:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

well will SOMEONE let us know if it's the same one? We are all dying over here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2018) on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 12:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hopefully the chip only contains plain old vacation shots and nothing "too" personal! Oh my! That would be sooo great if it is Liz's chip they have found and that the weather (heat, etc) has not done anything to it. What are the odds on someone finding this and locating its owner? Nice story. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wim van de Pol (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 3:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi

Mystery still continues. I was able to take a peek at the pictures today at a photo shop (my own camera needs another type of memory card). Next step might be to publish one of the pictures right here, in case the owner does not show up. It's not Liz's card (sorry Liz - wrong MB and wrong pictures too). I followed Randy's advice and posted this question at Rodales site too. Where, in turn, they advised me to post it on Bonaire Talk ... I'll be back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Botsford (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #218) on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 6:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darn! the mystery deepens...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob neer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #704) on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 8:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i think maybe in the interest of the pictures we ought to have them posted...pics are to be posted :-)

if they are a bit compromising...so much the better :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob neer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #705) on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 9:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

then again, it may have been the shark

http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/30/69769.html?1045228576

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wim van de Pol (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 7:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK here's some news, finally. I've found someone who could help me along. I now know the camera type used. I have seen all the pictures (almost a hundred ...). They are mostly u/w pictures, lots of fish and coral of course. I could not identify divesites visited by the unknown photographer. There were two pictures that could help in our search for the owner of the mystery-card. Especially the BCD is kind of special, and it might ring a bell somewhere:

onbekend1

onbekend2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wim van de Pol (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 7:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

FYI the red BCD reads ORIGINAL MANTA and it kind of envelops the tank halfway...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent & Cinde Wirth (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 9:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello-
Ours is the missing memory card- did you find any lego blocks in the truck as well?
Should be a scandisk smartmediacard 128 mg for Olympus camera. Please e-mail me for return info. Thanks a bunch!!Cinde

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent & Cinde Wirth (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 11:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Photos were at Tori's Reef- sorry to subject you all to more awful pics- but here is the next pic after the one of Trent. Looks like we will have to get him a new BC since everyone now knows what he looks like, how forgetful we are and what awful pictures we take! :-)
Trent Underwater

Trent Tori's Reef

Tori's Reef2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wim van de Pol (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 1:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yep. We have a sound match. Glad we can conclude this queeste. We will arrange for the good old postman to deliver the goods.

BTW the car in the picture was definitely NOT the car we hired, and in which we found the card. Does this prove my theory that this is a case of reversed thievery? A bad guy having second thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob neer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #726) on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 2:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we need to post the rest of the pics...sounds like she is trying to hide something :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Olson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Tuesday, March 4, 2003 - 1:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

WOW

THAT IS SIMPLY INCREDIBLE

I hope I meet some of you good folk! I'm there from March 6th through the 18th. also, is there some list somewhere of people that are going, and when? I need a dive buddy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2311) on Tuesday, March 4, 2003 - 2:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tim, there is a list in the everything else section. http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/27/67556.html?1046044375

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niki Harris (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #687) on Wednesday, March 5, 2003 - 1:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wim and Trent and Cinde -- You are stars in your own 'believe it or not' ! Life is fun and unpredictable. Never give up.... :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration