BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Buddy Dive Construction Status
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Buddy Dive Construction Status
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anna Kulow (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 11:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning,

My husband and I will be arriving on Bonaire on June 4. We have reservations at Buddy Dive but I recently read that the construction going on at the resort is quite disruptive at this point.

We are divers and will likely be out diving in the morning and later afternoon but I would like to be able to relax in the evening without the noise of jackhammers.

Any comments on this would be appreciated. We have about 5 days to decide if we want to try to switch accommodations at the last minute- which will put us out about $700 with Buddy Dive but may be worth it if we can find a good deal that will offer a peaceful environment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Melching (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 1:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hoping it's not too bad. I guess I will find out tomorrow. If you don't get any feedback between now and then. I will post something tomorrow and through out the week and let you know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barton B (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #121) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 6:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

While I have no specific knowledge about the construction, what I have seen is that residential and most commercial construction on Bonaire occurs between the hours of 7:30am and 4:30pm. Very little night construction occurs because of the need for lighting after about 6:30 pm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #548) on Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 8:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barton...you are on track .. there are laws in place prohibiting construction during certain hours ..Micheal .. you will probably have to wait until Tuesday to find out .. the next 3 days are legal holidays ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Melching (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Sunday, May 1, 2011 - 10:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will say little work is being done. But because of the holiday I don't if I am seeing the real picture but so far it is not bother at all. And we are doing lot diving so we are not here most of the time during the day.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration