BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Golden Reef Inn??
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Golden Reef Inn??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nic (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #143) on Friday, April 22, 2011 - 5:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm hearing rumors about Golden Reef Inn?

Can anyone help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nic (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #144) on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 12:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm realizing that my post is very vague, and for that I apologize.

Specifically, their web site is down, we are due to be there in a month, and I want to be certain that the Inn is open and running.

I know there was a sale in the works bit I've heard nothing, and am concerned.

I know that Liz is in the US for medical issues.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #503) on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 7:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, Liz asked us to take the site and emails down at the beginning of April, as she and Ed had sold the place, and the transfer of property took place about the first of this month.

At that time, she told me that the new owners were not continuing with rental apartments and were planning on using the units for long-term rentals.

I'm afraid that's all I know that might help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15855) on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 7:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan might you have a number for Tom to call to make sure they have him registered for his vacation?? You would have thought that Liz would have emailed everyone concerned or booked...to let them know just what is to be expected and to give them time to make other arrangements.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nic (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #145) on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 9:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It was my understanding that previous reservations would be honored in event of a sale, and we have received no communication.

Five of us are coming in may 22-28, in the two and a one bedroom unit.

Very concerned right now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3247) on Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 6:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz is going through treatment again. We might have had differences in the past but, we were once close and I am wishing her the best and am hoping for a return to good health.

Tom, I hope things work out for you with the new owners or that arrangements can be made so your vacation is not lost.

click

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #504) on Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 9:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No, Freddie, I'm afraid I don't have any other information....I don't even know who purchased the property. Very sorry I don't know more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #370) on Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 5:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

www.bonairekeys.com
handled the rentals of the units. I am sure they can answer your questions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keys Real Estate Bonaire (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 12:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello everybody,

Liz is currently under treatment and is unavailable as you may understand.

We are currently in the process of selling Golden Reef. It will probably change owners in the next week.

ALL lease contracts are respected and there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Until further notice Keys Real Estate will take care of everything at both Golden Reef and Kaya Utrecht 30.

Email: info@bonairekeys.com
Tel: (00599) 717 5777

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 1:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does this mean you are still renting to divers (i.e., short term rentals)? If so, do we contact you for pricing and availability? Or are you handling only previous contracts for lease?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 1:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, double post

(Message edited by waterskier1 on April 26, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keys Real Estate Bonaire (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 3:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rick,

Keys Real Estate is handling both previous contracts and new contracts for long term lease. At this moment The Golden Reef is rented mostly to medical students for longer terms.

The new owners might decide to turn the complex back into short term diving rentals again somewhere in the future. If that is the case we will announce that on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1375) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 6:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Best to Liz.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nic (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #146) on Monday, May 2, 2011 - 9:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Keys Real Estate Bonaire,

Thank you for posting in the forum. I will be communicating directly with you to make sure that all the details of our stay are in place, and just wanted to thank you publicly for responding here.

Best Regards,

Tom Nicodemus

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration