BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Beaurang Residence 3/20-3/27
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Beaurang Residence 3/20-3/27
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tami Ann (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 12:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We had a group of four - three divers, one non-diver. We decided to stay at Beaurang Residence since it is closer to town, (we had previously rented through Sun Rentals and have stayed in Elkadia). 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths (2 attched to the rooms). The house is beautiful and the location is perfect. If you want total quite, make sure to get the "middle" room without an attached bath. The two back rooms with attached baths seemed to get quite a bit more road and wind noise - although many if not most might find the wind blowing through the foliage quite nice. I had the middle room and never heard a thing except the occasional dog barking :) We called my room the concrete bunker because it was so quite and had a little window, so it also stayed dark and cool. We turned the ACs on in each room as soon as we arrived and the entire house cooled down quite nicely and fast. The back patio had access to the water, a covered table, several lounge chairs, etc. The front was gated and beautifully landscaped. We always felt safe as we were neighbored by Richard's Restaurant (go there!!!! he is a great guy and you will WANT to meet him and let him know you are staying next door) and several homes with full-time residence. The living room, kitchen and dining are all open as a grand room very spacious. We found everything we needed in the kitchen, baths and bedrooms. You can walk to Divi Flamingo and it would be easy to walk to town, too. We saw many people strolling the streets in the evenings doing just that.

The back patio, porch and water access is nice. It's not really beach sand, but more covered in coral rubble. With the right shoes, it is no problem to snorkel, swim or dive right off the back that is attached to the house. I wouldn't do it barefoot. Several neighboring homes have better and easier access and if you are friendly, they might offer it to you ...... another very good reason to introduce yourself to Richard ;) He has a lovely pier with a ladder.

Yep - there were mosquitoes. They didn't bother me, but were a real pain for others. The folks with the back rooms would attract them to the bathroom mirrors at night with the light on and go on a hunt to kill em with bug spray before bed. The screens had several rips but we always come armed with duct-tape so we taped that most of them up, covered several windows with towels and did what we could to keep them out. Short of a mosquito net, I'm not sure you can escape them anywhere on the island.

I highly recommend Sun Rentals. They suggested Beaurang Residence when I initially inquired about Elkadia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RObert Carter (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 9:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tami,
I have stayed at the Beaurang Residence an my first trip to the island. Loved it. Sadly when it is only my wife and I and as teachers we have to go with a more affordable place.
We did enjoy HHH very much this last year and are returning there again this year.
How was Richard? We did not get to see him this past year either.
Cheers
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tami Ann (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 10:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Richard is doing great! He is so friendly and so nice.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration