BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Sand dollar - April 9-16 - Question
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Sand dollar - April 9-16 - Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin T (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 7:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am staying at Sand Dollar this trip (first time staying here) with my brother and father in law. We like to grill out, and we heard there were public grills there. Is this true? and can you grill on your ground floor/balcony if you would like? (We purchased a very small grill last time we were there and left it for the next guest at Bonaire Oceanfront apartments). Thanks for your help! We hope Sand Dollar is a great place to stay! anyone else there these dates?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lori Mulhisen (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #109) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 7:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If I recall correctly, there are charcoal grills (you need to supply your own charcoal) but they are cemented into the ground a slight distance away from the ground floor units about halfway between the ocean side of the condo and the ocean. Maybe try sending a e-mail to the Sand Dollar office for more specifics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Stauber (BonaireTalker - Post #51) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 1:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There are two grills right by the wall by the ocean. The cooking grids are sort of rusty and about 3/4 inch wide. You'll probably want to use foil. We've purchased small cooking grids to use and had good luck with that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4314) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 4:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't think it is a good idea to use the grill on the front porch or anywhere near. The smoke and smell would be a real problem. Best to use the community ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin T (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration