BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Hotel w/beach and snorkeling
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Hotel w/beach and snorkeling
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl Audorff (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 10:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looking for a hotel with a nice beach and snorkeling. We don't dive just like to hang out on beach.Looking for something nice, Apt would be fine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3489) on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 5:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cheryl..IMHO the resort with the nicest beach is Harbour Village which is also the priciest. Another resort would be The Plaza which may work for you.
Alternatively, you may consider some of the condos. See below which prices them according to cost.
Enjoy your trip!
http://www.infobonaire.com/hotels.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neptune Nick (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #170) on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 12:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cheryl-
I concur with Vince's suggestions. We stay at The Plaza Resort which has a nice beach. We always get one their Villas which has a full kitchen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl Audorff (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 1:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Been reading about Eden beach. Too busy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob fraser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #222) on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 2:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cheryl,
Lac Bay have never stayed over this end or snorkeled but it has a great beach--nicest on bonaire by long shot. Sorobon Beach Resort is one place over on that side. you might have to drive to other side to snorkel but beach area over here is great--just adding to the confusion :-) but if beach is something you like Lac Bay is great ( this is where wind surfer's go).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #243) on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 3:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Cheryl,

My wife and I have stayed at Harbour Village on our last ten trips to Bonaire. The beach is gorgeous, and, wonder of wonders, is beautifully shaded when you want or need that luxury. The snorkeling off the beach is good, and if you want some variety, you are welcome to join the dive boat in the morning and/or afternoon.

The resort itself is very good indeed. The atmosphere is lovely, and the service is unobtrusive but impeccable. The

clientele is very international -- on our trip in February, we heard conversations in French, Italian, Dutch, German, Spanish, and English in both British and American accents.

We usually treat ourselves to a beachfront one bedroom
suite. La Balandra restaurant is very good for breakfast and lunch, but we always drive to a different restaurant each
evening.

We highly recommend the resort...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna-aire (BonaireTalker - Post #74) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 7:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Harbour Village has my vote! There are habitats all along the cove brimming with ocean life! I saw an eel, octopus, huge peacock flounder, parrot fish and the list goes on and on! It's a very friendly place to stay! They have a GREAT dive setup as well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R J (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #197) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 9:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Plaza is where our dive group stays.
The house reef, 18 Palms has a variety of marine life and the beach is nice. My wife is non diver and she enjoys pool and beach areas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Roerig (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 1:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have stayed at Eden Beach for the past 7 years. I would recommend that you give it a look.

They do have some renovation projects currently in progress, so check to see when they are supposed to be complete.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration