BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Ok....another accommodation check, Divers Paradise
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Ok....another accommodation check, Divers Paradise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 4:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anybody stayed at Divers Paradise apartments? I understand they are associated with Black Durgon, but am interested in hearing impressions on Divers Paradise.

Thank You.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #206) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 5:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes our first trip to Bon 3 years ago. It is really an awesome place. We stayed in room #7 and the partial view of the water was nice. The rooms are nice and big and they have everything you need. Bed was nice and comfy,and it was great to be able to use Black Durgeons property across the street. It is in a nice quiet part of the island, but you need a truck it is not near town. Any other specific questions just ask!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob fraser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #221) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 9:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

jason,
never stayed here but a friend did. I have stayed many times at the black durgon. recommend unit 7 like Susan said. if your going during feb-april makes alot of sense to me as black durgon can be pretty busy. its nice to have a quiet oasis and your own kitchen then. otherwise personally i'd stay at black durgon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #780) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 6:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jason,
I agree,if you can get into the Black Durgon, do so! The BD is on the water and probably a better $ deal.
If your planning on using the dock at BD, you will save yourself some steps plus Doris cooks a great free breakfast everyday except Sunday!

(Message edited by billie_bubbles on March 20, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grunt (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1244) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 8:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I spent a week there last year.
The kitchen is about what you would find on a small boat.
There is little to no cross ventilation as the large window on the windward side is fixed and cannot be opened.
The bedroom AC has some sort of motion/timer switch that shuts it off in the middle of the night.
Staying there allowed you to dive Small Wall from BD dock, a real plus.
If diving from BD you must get air for that dive from them, but it was cheap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grunt (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1245) on Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 8:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, double post

(Message edited by grunt on March 20, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scubagirl M (BonaireTalker - Post #43) on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 10:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I didnt like it there so much. Door lock didnt work for the first day or so. The safe didnt work. Our truck was rifled several times during the night. It is right there at a fork in the road ,so easy for a thief to make a quick get-away. Creepy. Too many cleaner, fresher, safer places to stay. It is nice to be near Small Wall though.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration