BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Carribean Club Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Carribean Club Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 10:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all, we came out last year and loved it and are looking to come out again in may. I'm wondering if anyone has stayed at the Carribean Club Bonaire and has any feedback about the place?

We are coming back this year to dive, last year was just snorkling but got the bug and want MORE this year. :)

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17347) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 12:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jason, if you are planning on going in May and haven't already secured airfare you might want to get right on that. The early airport closing has limited flights and airfare has gone through the roof!

Hope you can get it all worked out, Sorry, no first hand advice regarding Caribbean Club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #784) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 5:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jason.

Following a change in management a few years ago, the resort has improved greatly. There are different room types from budget to luxury, just be aware that it is a small resort & has limited facilities. It is however managed by Buddy Dive so that expands what it can offer as a stand alone facility.

There has been a lot of development there and many of the apartments are relatively new. The original accommodation is a bit tired so you may want to take that into consideration when you book.

There is a cosy bar & a nice pool on site & generally, the place has a good atmosphere. One nice thing about Caribbean Club is that there is always a breeze.

You will of course need a vehicle as it is a fair way from Kralendijk & there is no public transport. You can either get this as part of your package or independently.

There is a restaurant on site but it has changed quite a few times over the years so I don't know how it operates now. There is usually a happy hour & occasional barbecues on Friday nights.

It's a great location & away from the hustle & bustle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #408) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 6:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is Caribbean Club stiil the "go to" place for Saint Patrick's Day?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1577) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 11:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kate, if you're here today, us Irish will be at Paradise Moon, in town between Karel's & Havana. Green beer & lamb stew. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #785) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 3:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kate.

I think that Caribbean Club was more geared up for St Paddy's night when Sean & Mar ran it & then Steve Jevon. All were friends with Noel & Mar Haydyn who run AWC. Noel is Irish so he used to make sure that the Guinness flowed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #410) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 6:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Antony. I always wondered why CC did the big bash and now I get the connection. It sure was fun! Ruth, I wish I could be there, but I am back in New England (insert frowny face). But at least I am surrounded by a lot of Irish!

Kathleen (aka: Kate)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By luis figueroa (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 7:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

IMHO.. They have the best burgers on the island. We typically do a couple AM dives off Karpata and head to CC for lunch. Always a cool breeze, I can take a quick dip in pool to get salt off and go to bar for burger/fries and Iced tea. A quick power nap in the shade on their Adirondack chairs and I'm ready for more dives.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scubagirl M (BonaireTalker - Post #45) on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 11:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have stayed there and was very comfortable. It is nice and quiet, breezy. I stayed in the tiniest room with a mini kitchen, but it was really just fine. Affordable for those of us who like to go to Bonaire more than once a year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MICHAEL CLARK (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 4:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Jason,

i'm a little late to the party here, but just joined, ah-mmmmmm NOW. I arrive in 2 weeks and it will be my 4th year in a row. Stayed with a friend from work a B.D. in 2008 in a 2 BR at the 'back' of the resort, in the parking lot by the mini-sub. Nice apt, but i said NEVER AGAIN. in 2009 we went back and took a 2BR COTTAGE DELUXE a C.Club.

un-fricking-REAL. I am not what one would call "wealthy".....,but this was worth every penny. The one bedroom is better than the other, but the deck and view from the lower 3 cottages is SUPERB. (the upper 4 are prob. just as good, but you'd look 'over' the lower 4 bldgs. These next2 weeks will surely crawl by and can not wait. Went back again to a 2BR DLX in May 2010.

As in previous posts, the 'original' rooms do indeed look "tired" when i've walked past them to/from the Front Desk and Restaurant, but the 2BR cottages and the newer PENTHOUSES are insanely good. The only thing better than the views there are the Staff!
Mike

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration