BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Laundomat???
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Laundomat???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris N (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 9:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is there a laundromat in town or close to town? I never noticed one, since I never had call for using one there, but this summer I am planning a 2 wk trip (instead of 1 wk as in the past) and figure that it is easier to bring minimal clothes and do laundry than bring 2 wks worth of stuff. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #773) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 9:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chris
It's over by the stadium, on the Lisa Gas side. I agree it's cheaper to do wash than pay the excess baggage fees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris N (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 9:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill,
Thanks for getting back to me. I do know where it is now that you refreshed my memory. I figure it would be a good off gassing break in the middle of two weeks of diving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #774) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 10:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chris
Have a good time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #775) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 10:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chris
Have a good time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nancy (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 - 12:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chris,
The laundromat on the east side of the stadium is brand new. A/C and TV. It costs $10 to wash and dry a small load of laundry. But more like a medium size. They also sell laundry detergent for about a $1.00. The workers will help get everything going. Also the place is open in the evenings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4305) on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 - 10:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is also another laundry on Kaya Korona..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #776) on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 - 8:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chris
When I stay at the Black Durgon, Doris does it for me.
Don't know where your staying but ask what services they offer, it might be cheaper?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris N (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 8:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you to all for the replies. As it turns out, once airline taxes, fees, surcharges, administrative cost, handling, insurance, fuel usage, tariffs, duty and any other words you can think of to jack up the price, the trip came in at $4,000.00 more than planned. Guess who ain't going to Bonaire this year. :(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By nestor kopko (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #202) on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 8:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chris N, my wife and I were hoping to go back to Bonaire in May, but with the price of airfare alone we also decided to pass on Bonaire. Instead we have rented a condo in North West Bay, Grand Cayman Island. Airfare was half the price, our condo has laundry (washer/dryer) in our unit and Divetech @ cobalt Coast Resort offers unlimited shore diving. May be an alternate option.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration