BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Casa Calexico - an amazing jewel on Bonaire!
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Casa Calexico - an amazing jewel on Bonaire!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By liz comay (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Friday, February 25, 2011 - 2:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to say when we visited Bonaire last month our friend stayed at a great little guest house Casa Calexico! The owners Audrey and Joop were so helpful and friendly, and the place is beautiful. They have done a great job fixing it up. They are still working on diver facilities like lock ups for gear and rinse tanks but as soon as they are done it will be, in my opinion, THE place to stay on Bonaire. Warm and welcoming, peaceful and convenient. Check it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #506) on Friday, February 25, 2011 - 3:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

+1 for Casa Calexico. Audrey was kind enough to offer us a room for day use upon our early a.m. arrival in January while we waited for our rental house to become available.

There is nothing like a long nap in a comfy bed after the Continental red eye. Beats sleeping on the coral rubble someplace (which we've done in the past).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe, (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #768) on Friday, February 25, 2011 - 6:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Do they have a website and photos?

Hey Lizard- hows everything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3473) on Friday, February 25, 2011 - 6:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill...Try this site.. ;)

http://casa-calexico.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Nic (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #135) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 3:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I usually stay at economically priced alternatives, and this looks like one I will definitely add to my list!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob fraser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #214) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 4:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

curious, where is Casa Calexico? is it close to blachi koko or carib inn? its close to divi but i can't place it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By liz comay (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 7:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is located at Kaya Finlandia 5, Kralandijk I found it on Google maps if that helps. It is definitely very nice for a more budget option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #520) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

it's just north of Auto City.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob fraser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #215) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 12:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

okay thanks looked at google maps. its a couple of streets inland from divi, or so it looks like.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration