BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Eden Beach?
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Eden Beach?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Ferraro (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 5:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone stay at Eden Beach? From the website it looks good and I know Wannadive has a good rep. Anyone have any info?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8647) on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 6:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We've stayed there five time, nice place, we like it a lot. Any thing in particular you want to know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Ferraro (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 10:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is it as nice as the pictures on the website look? How are the beach and pool - my wife doesn't dive so that's important. Any dive gear storage available? I'd rather not take wet gear to the room if possible. Is the staff friendly and helpful? Any other info you could give would be helpful. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #952) on Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Eden beach has dive storage.
The staff of Wannadive is great.
Tanks are available on site, just sign in, grab one and off you go.
The pool is rather small, but refreshing. Your wife can snorkel in front of Eden Beach.
For an island without real beaches, their beach is OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Wilbers (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 10:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have stayed at Eden Beach the last 7 years a couple years we have gone 2 times we like the location Jose and the staff do a great job.They have 1 and 2 bedroom units, EB also has a security guard on duty at night. Wannadive is located on sight Bart is great to work with also just back up and load tanks in the parking lot Wannadive also have other locations on the island to pickup tanks if you are shore diving. I personally recommend both we where their in January already planning the next trip and yes we will stay at EB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob fraser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #208) on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 2:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

when cruise ships are in the beach gets quite crowded here so beware of that. i am guessing people above have more insight into this as I have only witnessed this as a wannadive customer. have never stayed here. personally probably would not but I don't require the amenities of an Eden Beach resort.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scubagirl M (BonaireTalker - Post #35) on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 3:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The reef there is a bit roughed up. I like to visit the beach and bar but stay elsewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8650) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 9:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What everyone above said. A couple of points, yes the cruise shippers do fill the beach on some days, but they arrive at 10:00 and leave at 3:00, and they are fun to have around for a little while.

The reef being roughed up is due to the UW topology. Eden Beach is in the narrow part of the channel between the Klein and Bonaire so the wall is steep and full of coral rubble. Not pretty to look at BUT, a very big but, this concentrates and exposes all the critters. As a photographer I take more three/four time more pictures on an Eden Beach dive than any other dive on the island. Just more critters out and about on this dive and it has become my most favorite dive.

Now one word of warning this channel can also cause wicked currents in either direction although south seems to be the most common. When it's ripping you do not want to get in there.

On the other hand when it's light and south, drive the truck down to north of the Yellow Submarine, walk back, and drift down to the truck. Great dive and a blast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Roerig (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 12:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have stayed at Eden Beach for the last 7 years and I highly recommend it.

Wannadive is an excellent choice for all diving needs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Ferraro (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 2:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration