BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Best place to stay for honeymoon couple?
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Best place to stay for honeymoon couple?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin Chia (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 10:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everyone,
My fiance and I were planning to come to Bonaire for our honeymoon in August. We were wondering the best place to stay?

I saw that Coral Paradise and Bamboo Bali Resort were highly rated on tripadvisor. Any suggestions?

We are planning to snorkel most days as we both love the ocean!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3406) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Justin..My wife and I honeymooned on Bonaire many years ago. However if I were to do it again today (the option didn't exist when we honeymooned), it would be at Harbour Village..See the below link.. If you can afford it, I'd go for it! Many happy years of marital bliss to the both of you! :)

http://www.harbourvillage.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #184) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Justin, welcome to Bonaire Talk.

I absolutely second Vince's recommendation. We will be at Harbour Village for our 10th stay next month. Quiet, elegant, low-key. First rate but unobtrusive service. Gated property with 24/7 security. Best beach on the island by far. Neither my wife nor I dive, but the dive operation seems to stay very busy, indicating that it must be pretty good. My wife snorkels for hours right off the Harbour Village beach.

Enjoy breakfast and lunch at La Balandra (on the property) and then off to town for dinner every night. It is not a particularly big dinner spot, although you may want to check out their candle-lit dinner on the beach one evening.

If you stay at HV, you will need a rental car/truck...

For room selection, go for one of the one-bedroom beachfront suites.

Will this be your first trip to Bonaire? If so, stick around on BT...great place to chat and learn more about the place. We love it -- this will be our 15th trip.

If you like the looks of Harbour Village, reserve a room NOW.
You can do it on-line. You will be in contact with Lourdes Abril in Florida, who has taken care excellent care of us for all these years.

Also, if you are using Continental's redeye from either Houston or Newark, check with Lourdes to see if she can guarantee access to your room upon arrival. If she cannot, it is worth every penny to reserve the room for the night before you arrive so you can get in immediately, nap if you need to, or jump into your beach clothes and sop up the glory of that beach right away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4959) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great idea by Jeff. However, Vince, above, is not allowed to promote his property, but I am. Vince has an oceanfront property called Vinibu. Check out his place, as it is absolutely beautiful. I don't know if he has availability, but you would not be disappointed in his place, especially if you are both divers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4960) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, I just checked availability, and it is booked in August. Check it out in the future, if you love Bonaire, as we all do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6581) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll just throw in my two cents... you can contact Ann Phelan at ann@bonairecaribbean.com. She is a travel agent who lives in Bonaire and is a wealth of information for all things Bonaire. AND she's a hopeless romantic!

Vince's place is LOVELY as Jim said. Someday I hope to see it in person! Also nice are the apartments at Playa Lechi. Harbour Village gets consistently good reviews, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3407) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 1:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Jim..We have had honeymooners @ VINIBU who were very happy.
**Kelly** Too bad we're going to miss you this winter. Would love to have you over for a visit for some mean margaritas (no mix stuff) or daiquiries for those sunsets on the terrace. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin Chia (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 3:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the tips everyone :). We don't have a ton of money in the bank, so although some of these hotels seem really really nice, I'm not sure we could afford it :). Perhaps the next time we come!

Anything you could recommend that is nice but affordable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #185) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Justin -- I understand it is your honeymoon, but I have to ask a patently absurd question. What is your objective?

Ferinstance, if you are looking to do lots of diving and/or snorkeling, you have a whole host of great options of places to stay. I suspect most of the good folk on BT are divers, and can help.

If you're looking strictly for blissful week of r & r with a great beach, I think you're severely limited on Bonaire. I'm not sure I'd call it a "vacationer's" resort place. The license plates
don't have the phrase "Diver's Paradise" just for fun.

Check out www.tourismbonaire.com. Under "accommodations" they have a nifty little guide in which you select what you are looking in terms of a property, and they
direct you to good options based on your needs.

And as noted earlier, stay with BT -- you will receive lots of good input...

BTW, I noted on website that a courtyard room at Harbour Village is $275/night...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2349) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Justin, check this place out! BOA has a toll free number if you have any questions. Just north of town, with a pool, and seaside for $100 a night.... Truly a hidden jewel!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2350) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Forgot to give you the link...
http://www.bonaireoceanfrontapartments.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #408) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BOA is a great place for your first trip to Bonaire ... walking distance to everything you'll need (restaurants, town, Cultimara, shopping) and an on-site Buddy Dive annex. Have a great honeymoon !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Perkins (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #307) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 12:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonaire Oceanfront Apartments has a great penthouse on the top floor--beautiful view and location. It does depend on what you're looking for. I prefer staying closer to town so I can walk to the restaurants.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Perkins (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #308) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 12:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Belafonte is also a beautiful property. But what are you looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2881) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree with suggestion that you should talk to Ann Phelan. She is great. You can explain all to her, your price range, preferences etc and she will do it for you. We all have our favorite places to stay for many reasons ... so depends on what you are hoping for

One thought; ocean view studio at http://www.caribbeanclubbonaire.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #470) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 4:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You might also consider a private villa with a pool. The utmost in privacy and all the space you could want for two people. It took us five trips to figure out that this is the only way we will ever book accommodations on Bonaire again. And it can be very cost effective, relative to what you will pay for a condo or room at a resort.

All the major real estate companies on Bonaire have villa listings.

Congrats and enjoy your trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Tanke (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Not sure exactly what your range is as "affordable", but my wife and I have stayed at a house called Pelican Reef a couple of times and love it. The villa is very nice and quite private and the snorkeling is excellent (by dive site Something Special). And it is a short walk to town/restaurants, etc but also has a great outdoor area and nice kitchen (we usually cook in or grill and eat at the outdoor "dining room". You may want to check it out- you can google Pelican Reef Bonaire to find the web site. Or check out some of the rentals from Sun Rentals or Sunbelt realty. We've found we much prefer staying at the villas -vs- hotel/apartment type places.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sarah Jane {Ess Jay} (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2542) on Monday, March 7, 2011 - 11:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Look at the private homes. There are quite a few on Bonaire ~ privacy too! Bonaire is a small island, so no matter where you are, it does not take long to get around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan (BonaireTalker - Post #58) on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 12:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I second the suggestion that you look into the Bellafonte. We stay in a studio, which is a very economical way to enjoy what we consider an upscale accommodation. Only drawback to studios is there is no ocean view from the balcony, and they are naturally smaller than the larger apartments, but we find the size fine for two people. The studios have kitchenettes, which we use for some breakfasts, preparing our happy hour treats, etc. There is a lovely deck area accessible to all who stay there where we often have happy hour. There's a hot tub there, nice lounges, and it's right on the ocean. You can snorkel right from the deck.

The staff is pleasant and helpful, but not on site 24/7, and there is no on-site restaurant, so if you are looking for room service this is not the place. For us, it's been a great way to enjoy Bonaire at a cost we can afford.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration