BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Belmar vs BOA ?
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Belmar vs BOA ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By robert johnson (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 2:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have stayed at Buddy's, Sand Dollar, and Captain's several times a piece but looking to try something different. Think I have it narrowed down to BOA or Belmar. Can anybody do a heads up comparision for me. I also read somewhere that BOA had vouchers for daily breakfast at It Rains Fishes, anybody hear of that? It's nice to have ready breakfast in the am b4 heading out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathi Soprano (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 2:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think Bonaire Oceanfront is the best location on the Island. The views are unobstructed. It is within walking distance of everything and the units are well stocked and have airco,cable and WIFI. Plus Buddydive has a onsite dive shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1463) on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 2:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It Rains Fishes no longer serves breakfast...so doubt that part's still valid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3397) on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 7:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Robert..I've personally stayed in both (along with many many other places on the island) ..IMHO No contest between the two..Belmar in my book!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deborah Bennett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #229) on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 4:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Belmar: nicer facilities; far from town; close to southern dive sites; more coral on reef

BOA: easy to walk to town things; lots of critters near shore; cheaper

Both have Buddy's satellite dive shops

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2345) on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 1:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And what do you know! The people that manage the diveshops at both places are going to be Married in the month of April!!! Congradulations to Rob and Chrissy!!!!

I think Belmar is very nice. I like the pool at BOA, it is larger then Belmar. Belmars reef is footsteps away, BOA you have to open the front gate to get to the sea. I like the garden at BOA. There is 14 different paum trees in the area with ferns and different foldage and local igunas to keep you company. Belmar has larger apartments, and the price is alot larger as well. The best part of BOA is being close to town. Bobbejans is right next door, with Paza Bon Pizza just north up the street. Franco's Ribb Factoy is just south 6 blocks on the sea blvd. The Boat restauant is just 2 blocks north of BOA on the sea blvd. It is nice to take a walk down the seaside blvd after a nice dinner and watch the people, and the sea!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #396) on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 4:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have stayed at BOA at least 5 times in the last 7-8 years. Have never had a bad experience. Great location, reasonable rates, good service. WiFi can be iffy. If we hadn't bought our own place we would be staying at BOA again this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beth (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #195) on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 11:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agee with Deb. The rooms at Belmar are nicer, more upscale than BOA and Belmar is right on the ocean.

The big advantage to BOA over Belmar is that you can walk to Town and the price. I think BOA is one of the best deals on the Island. I prefer the 2nd Floor (they call them 1st Floor) units at BOA over the ground floor units. You can not see the ocean from all of the ground floor units.

The water taxi is also very close to BOA, so it is easy to do a quick snorkel trip to Klein.

But if you are looking for a little more comfort and a quieter stay, Belmar would be my choice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent thomas (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 3:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

you should try the house on the south side of belmar you can use the dive shop next door , in my opinion the house is much nicer and bigger as well as less expensive .Its called dream bonaire just google dream bonaire ,the caretakers name is ron (great guy)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2348) on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 10:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

dream bonaire is twice the money as BOA...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3403) on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 2:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I say cheers for Rob & Chrissy! I suspect they don't have disagreements as to what place is better.:)

It's really all a matter of personal preference.
Fortunately Bonaire has accommodations to satisfy all wallets and individual preferences. Some are more money, with better views and surroundings than others. Your money, you pick and chose whichever is more important to you.

Really, it's hard to make a bad choice; after all you are on Bonaire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent thomas (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 9:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

RON its not twice the price as belmar next door! and that was one i was comparing it to. We stayed there & loved it.Its 2bedrooms 3 bath 2000 sq

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4970) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 3:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I like them both. And I have stayed at both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3409) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim...Well that's a safe answer. ;)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration