BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: One night's lodging on a Friday
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: One night's lodging on a Friday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #457) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - 9:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have the unfortunate situation of not having our private rental home available to us until mid-afternoon on our arrival day (the departing party is on the Delta flight and we are on the Continental flight...stars are not in alignment on that one, I guess). I really want a nap when I arrive (and a safe place to drop bags off until we can check in our house).

Can anyone recommend a place that offers lodging by the night (Friday night before our arrival), so we have someplace to go until 3:00 p.m. on Saturday? We've already done the killing-time routine on past trips, and I'm just not a fan. I'd rather pony up the cash and have a secure place to crash for a few hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grunt (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1208) on Thursday, January 6, 2011 - 12:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I used this place last may for exactly your situation. Clean and quiet at a good price.
It's about two blocks east of Divi, give or take.

http://www.thelodgebonaire.com/index-uk.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3382) on Thursday, January 6, 2011 - 7:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz..Don't know where you're staying, but when we have folks at VINIBU where their nights don't completely overlap with our availability, many have spent a night at Roomers right across from Bel Mar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4239) on Thursday, January 6, 2011 - 12:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi

If you wish you can leave your luggage at Chat n Browse and and change into a bathing suit and go to eden beach and nap in the shade!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #420) on Friday, January 7, 2011 - 10:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will second Roomers as a great place to stay overnight. Nicloe and Martin are really nice people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GlassFloat (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Friday, January 7, 2011 - 10:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, Michael, how do you say "mensch" in Papiemento?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4241) on Friday, January 7, 2011 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The closest thing is Kabayero...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #458) on Friday, January 7, 2011 - 11:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you to everyone for your ideas. We made arrangements, and I can get some sleep Saturday morning. Even a shower and maybe a dive.

And, Michael, your offer is very kind. We will definitely be seeing you Saturday at some point for our wifi hookup!

Seven days 'til departure. Not that I'm counting.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration